1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Goldwing F6B 45th Ed
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen
I am currently riding VTX1800F...
Adding 2nd bike to pool...looking at 2015 F6B 40th Anniv edition...
Is it good bike??
Any suggestions?
Tips for newbie...??

Thanks is advance...

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from AZ. I moved your thread to the new members intro subforum.

Most folks here will tell you the F6b is a good bike. Afterall it is a goldwing forum:ROFLMAO:

But seriously more info would be needed for a proper evaluation. Anyway best of luck on your quest for the new ride.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Think of the F6B as a naked wing and welcome to the forum.

Reactions: igurv

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you...
2015 F6B...with 15000 kms... all service done at honda dealer.
Very clean bike.

How should the riding experience be different than VTX1800?

Any issues with this year model?

VTX is all metal...F6B is plastic... anything difference in cleaning and maintaining plastic?

Winter storing tips?

Best place to order wings parts in Canada?

Services?? Oil changes?

Thanks a bunch....

·
Registered
605 Posts
The first thing you will notice is that the bike has a very low and balanced center of gravity making it easier to ride and not too heavy. They are a pleasure to ride but some have experienced low speed handling, this is something practice will fix. Anything over a walking pace your fine. As for problems I know of none on that year. For cleaning do the same as your VTX but he careful with your windshield to not scratch it, I use water and a microfiber towel to clean mine. Parts should be no problem as over 90% are the same as the GL1800. As far as winterizing do the same as your VTX. Ask for it did not come with the bike an owners manual the recommended services are noted in there. From what you have posted I think you have found a gem. Wish you the best of luck and miles of smiles.👍

·
Super Moderator
11,892 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

The only thing I can say is wrong with that bike, is it doesn't have enough miles on it. :)

Reactions: igurv and dsurley

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

The only thing I can say is wrong with that bike, is it doesn't have enough miles on it. :)
I agree, that is like only 9300 miles...... my 13 has 48000 miles (about 77000km)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This summer my VTX added 21000 kms... so hopefully this new beast gets same or better... next summer when winter is gone....

·
Registered
6,895 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The bike you are looking at will help you pile on the miles if you are into long distance traveling and still be fun around town.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Think of it as the sport wing or the SS wing.😉

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wish that I had bought a 2008 1800F brand new for $8400 plus tax. I still have my late wife’s 1300c.

The F6b will be easy to ride if it is like the Wings and lighter. The bikes are so easy to clean. As stated, very low center of gravity. Much easier than the X.

Keep the F though, as I find it is fun to experience two completely different rides.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wish that I had bought a 2008 1800F brand new for $8400 plus tax. I still have my late wife’s 1300c.

The F6b will be easy to ride if it is like the Wings and lighter. The bikes are so easy to clean. As stated, very low center of gravity. Much easier than the X.

Keep the F though, as I find it is fun to experience two completely different rides.
Thanks...
I had 2009 1300C .... traded it for 1800F..... it was good trade...
I am thinking of keeping both... may be one for city ride and second for north america rides...
Will test it out next summer and see how it feels.. to be on wings...

·
Registered
605 Posts
You are going to have to rename her babe jr. cause mine is a 03 so she is the big sister and has had the name longer. Wife named her and it just stuck. LOL😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
Igurv, welcome to the forum!
I acquired my 2015 F6B a little over a year ago, in August 2019.
I noticed right away the lower center of gravity, the HANDLING, and the fuel capacity, which was far and away more than the Kawasaki 1500 cruisers I was far more familiar with. My F6B is the Std. model. I bought it with 4800 miles on it,which is now 17000. I rode it pretty well across the US this early summer and the love affair only deepened. I won't be getting rid of this any time soon.
There are some differences between this F6 and your VTX 18 (which is also a great bike):
1. Don't expect the same tire life you're getting with your old bike, expect LESS. I replaced my OEMs at 8000 miles, and the Bridgestones were rags. ZERO tread left on the rear. I replaced them with Shinko Journey in stock sizes. Less money for a bit better tire than the stock 'stones.
2. Oil change recommended frequency on this bike is 5k miles, rather than 3k that I was used to with my own V-twins.
3. 1st gear on the F6B is almost unnecessary, whereas you'll be in 5th at between 45-50 MPH. Even though the max RPMS on this bike are similar to what my Vulcan V-twins were (6500 rpm), at above 4000 rpm, fabulous things begin to happen! AKA HP!
Finally, many, if not all service, repair and accessory additions will require considerably more time to do, as you'll be removing some plastic piece to get to to it. Buy a shop manual. I found a GL1800A shop binder on Ebay for between $50-100 US. While it's not precisely for my particular bike, it has the important things in it.
Hope by now you're enjoying the heck out of your new ride!
Rok
Crossvile, TN
QUOTE="igurv, post: 2244643, member: 75705"]
Gentlemen
Is it good bike??
Any suggestions?
Tips for newbie...??

Thanks is advance...
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Igurv, welcome to the forum!
I acquired my 2015 F6B a little over a year ago, in August 2019.
I noticed right away the lower center of gravity, the HANDLING, and the fuel capacity, which was far and away more than the Kawasaki 1500 cruisers I was far more familiar with. My F6B is the Std. model. I bought it with 4800 miles on it,which is now 17000. I rode it pretty well across the US this early summer and the love affair only deepened. I won't be getting rid of this any time soon.
There are some differences between this F6 and your VTX 18 (which is also a great bike):
1. Don't expect the same tire life you're getting with your old bike, expect LESS. I replaced my OEMs at 8000 miles, and the Bridgestones were rags. ZERO tread left on the rear. I replaced them with Shinko Journey in stock sizes. Less money for a bit better tire than the stock 'stones.
2. Oil change recommended frequency on this bike is 5k miles, rather than 3k that I was used to with my own V-twins.
3. 1st gear on the F6B is almost unnecessary, whereas you'll be in 5th at between 45-50 MPH. Even though the max RPMS on this bike are similar to what my Vulcan V-twins were (6500 rpm), at above 4000 rpm, fabulous things begin to happen! AKA HP!
Finally, many, if not all service, repair and accessory additions will require considerably more time to do, as you'll be removing some plastic piece to get to to it. Buy a shop manual. I found a GL1800A shop binder on Ebay for between $50-100 US. While it's not precisely for my particular bike, it has the important things in it.
Hope by now you're enjoying the heck out of your new ride!
Rok
Crossvile, TN
QUOTE="igurv, post: 2244643, member: 75705"]
Gentlemen
Is it good bike??
Any suggestions?
Tips for newbie...??

Thanks is advance...
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the awesome detailed explanation...
Yup.. liking it so far... 20 days.. and it has 2300 kms on it... but sadly now it is cold here in Canada and time for it to hibernate..
will replace tires at the start of next season...
i am started to open this bike 1 plastic piece at a time and trying to figure out... what's under the hood..

this month's project is replacing all bulbs to switchback LED....

·
Super Moderator
9,878 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. Enjoy the forum and your f6b. Ride safe..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts