Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question, is not if I'm going to purchase, but when! My last bike was two years ago, a 2009 Honda 750 classic. I havnt ridden since than, but am really looking forward too! My Wing wish is with airbag, nav, heck the whole works in white. The dealer i visited mentioned not offering much off list price, has anyone found that same mentality?

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

That seems to be right on a 2012 model. If you want a 2010 or older, you can get some good deals.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
hello joeallied, welcome to GWOF and good luck with your pursuit of the perfect wing

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Everything is negotiable. You name your price and make an offer. Every dealer has a profit margin and some wiggle room. As a businessman I don't voluntarily offer my client discounts but if they ask for one I generally give them something, particularly if they are elderly or financially strapped. If they didn't speak up they wouldn't have gotten it. Never hurts to ask and you just might get a bit of savings. I also think buying near the end of a month would be timely as dealers have monthly sales quotas they like to meet. Maybe your purchase might be the one they need to reach their quota.

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
Check the web/internet for pricing on new Goldwings. Once you have the lowest price you have something to bargin with. If the local dealers don't want to match or come close there is always the fly in and ride home option.. I could not get the local dealers to come down so I finally found a dealer 125 miles away (but I was prepared to go 500 miles) and saved $4,000 off the MSRP. Do your research and save yourself some $$$$..

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Some good info given. Good Luck on your quest & welcome to the GWOF.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
The dealership in Russellville Arkansas seems to have very good prices. I purchased a new VTX 1300 R there and got an excellent price.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I find that asking for in stock merchandise is better as they have more mark up on these items than they have on a new Wing. Plus they may have had the item or items in inventory for a while. They may not give you anything but I am sure you will get a good discount on your items at the time of the bike purchase. When you come back two months later and ask for these parts you can bet it will be full price.

G

·
Bien venue !
I’ve got mine about three weeks ago and I went more then 2000Miles (no error) round trip to get it. The bike is a beauty and had only 6500 miles on it.(2008) I would have paid at least 6-7 thousand more for a new one . Air bag on bikes is a new thing and I’m sure in rear occasions may help. I wouldn’t advise you to ride it home right away unless you are familiar with big bikes. If money is no problem go for the new one, if you want a lot of value get a second hand bike in great condition. If you wait 20 years I will sell you mine with 200,000.00 miles on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You can also search for the 'Perfect' Wing at Southern Honda in Chattanooga Tennessee by going to their website.
http://www.southernhonda.com/
Bought mine (2012) from Southern Powersports Orlando Fl. which is owned By the dealer in Chattanoga Tennessee..$4000 off MSRP. I bought the base model for 19,800 out the door for 21,000. They sold three the morning I bought mine

. There are two dealers in Orlando selling for about the same, they both have the base for about 19,800, $4k off all models, they won"t deal on that price though.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome to the site joeallied. On the bargaining front, have a personal limit that you're willing to spend and see as many dealers in person as you can. Telephone and internet shopping is fine for finding stuff, but I personally am far more receptive in person than to some disembodied voice on the phone or via e-mail. Dealers get bombarded by electronic media and often it comes at the expense of not being able to speak with the live folk in the showroom. E-commerce is a fact of life but you always get more accomplished once you meet in person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts