Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a used 98 GoldWing not sure of past service what should i do on changing fluids. i have already done oil. i'm assuming air filters, fule filters any other. the bike has 59k miles any belts etc.

thanks for help

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
ryrebo, You are on the right track especially if you're not sure of past service. I personally on my bike am probably not going to change my own belts, only because I'm not sure what it will entail & we have a good local shop that I can take it to. However the other things you mention are doable to the average home mechanic.

By the way welcome & we have a thread going telling how you picked your screen name. Yours is unique. Tell us about it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bill J
Thanks for the respond. my unique screen name is from my childern first names.

safe riding,

keivn b

·
Registered
690 Posts
... HOWDY ... YES I WOULD CHANGE THE RADIATOR JUICE AND THERMOSTAT ALONG WITH HOSES ... DIFF. OIL ... BRAKE JUICE ... AFTER THAT GET ON AND RIDE RIDE RIDE ... IF THE TIRES ARE OVER 6yrs. old CHANGE THEM TOO ... HAPPY TRAILS ...

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
General rule of thumb....

Fork oil : Every 2 years
Anti-Freeze: Every 2 years with Silicate free Anti-Freeze
Gear lube: I changed mine every year on my shaft drives.. Does it need it ? Probably not... But it is too cheap not to and then I don't have to try and remember when I did it..
Brake fluid.. You cannot see bad brake fluid... If it looks bad, it is far beyond safe limits.. Brake fluid should be bled Every year to maintain safe braking and flushed every other year. SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY !!!!

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts