Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be buying a new goldwing. Was planning on Feb or Mar. A dealer near me is going out of business so I might pull the trigger early, if the deal is right. What might I expect to pay for an 09 Nav, abs at close-out pricing. does anyone have any idea what dealer invoice may be?

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
I don't know what dealer cost is, but I paid $4,200 under MSRP for my 09 Wing in April. You should be able to do about as well. A 2010 model lists for $26,600. The same 2009 model was $25,700. You may also be able to find a 2008 leftover which would be another $1,000 less. Good luck..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Get an on line price from here
http://www.otdcyclesports.com/
and use that as a starting point, they usually have the best prices on new bikes out the door. I took their price quote to the dealer where I got my 08 and they beat it by a couple hundred dollare.

·
Registered
405 Posts
You might want to consider buying this year and not waiting till next. If you buy one before the year is over then you can deduct the sales tax on your 1040. (This is only for new passenger cars and bikes purchased in '09). You can usually get your best deals at the end of a year anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's no wonder this dealer is going out of business. they wanted 24k for 2010 with comfort, xm no navi or abs. same for 09 air bag. i told them good luck. I'll check back in a couple of weeks and see if they change their minds. snow's coming real soon.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
it's no wonder this dealer is going out of business. they wanted 24k for 2010 with comfort, xm no navi or abs. same for 09 air bag. i told them good luck. I'll check back in a couple of weeks and see if they change their minds. snow's coming real soon.
Smart move on your part. There are a lot of dealers willing to sell at substantial discounts. You may need to travel some distance, but look at it as a vacation with a Wing at the end. Good luck in your search.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Genocide: Don't know for sure but the dealer invoice on the models s/b close to this: base-20,445; Comf/Nav-22,677; ABS/Comf/Nav-23,749; ABS/Comf/Nav/Airbag-24,999. The leverage you have now is that the dealerships on '09 models are likely paying interest on the units, and could have been for a few months now. They may also have units that are 'demos but with no miles on them (sweet) and they also qualify for Mfc discounts to the dealership and hopefully to the customer. As for your dealer that is closing out, it depends on how anxious he is to unload his inventory, and whether he has paid Honda for it or not. Better for you if he has, since anything he sells is money in the bank to him, and he may deal well below invoice. That's the way the GM dealers here are doing things with the inventory they have now that their tickets have been punched. Good luck.
p.s. If you do buy from a closing dealer, make real sure that your warranty is registered with Honda (get the warranty registration slip in your hand before you walk out the door). It is a separate document than the NVIS, but part of the same process. ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Chatanooga Power Sports
2008 Base Model 16,483, Nav/Comfort 18,483, ABS 19,283

TYhey still have new 2008's, 09's are about 1000 more

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try Rick Case honda the Power house store in Weston Florida, at 1954-364-3000. 2009's Base model $18,500.00, Navi $21,700.00 & Navi, Abs $22,800.00. These are all OTD prices... Ask for Lee or Rusty. Good Luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello Genocide 74. I own an 09 gl1800 with premium radio, heated grips and seats that I bought in the crate in Oklahima city this past May 23rd. My price and yours was, $18,900 out the door. GPS would have been a grand more. Fly to Ok city, pick up your new wing, and ride back to Buffalo. They can be contacted at oklahomahonda.com. Check em out before you buy my friend!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Purchase Price

I just bought a 2010 with Nav (Opition #2) and paid 21K and got a good price for my 2005 wing that I traded in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts