Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a couple 1500s - a 98 GL 1500 aspencade with 74k miles for $6000...and I gotta go from PA to FL to get it. Working on a trade for my 04 Nomad 1500...deal or no deal? Known issues, life expectanciy, what ele should I look for? Another one is 1990 GL 1500 18k miles but wants to do even trade...

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
ffron69, Does that stand for Formula Ford Ron 69?

Anyway, I bought my 95 with 27k 4yrs ago for $6500 so the deal doesn't sound terrible to me. A couple things come to mind make sure that it has reverse since it is an Aspencade. I'm not sure when reverse was made standard. Also 74k check to see if timing belts were changed. Not a big deal but they will be due very soon (usually around 80k). See if owner has maintenance records. As far as life expectancy goes, Wings routinely go over 100-200K so I see no issue there.

The 90 would be intriguing however with that little miles you may be in for some work as far as rubber, maintainence, belts, tires, etc etc. Sometimes real low mileage means some initial input.

As far as the trade concept goes get a feel for the value of your Nomad from KBB & you & only you will know what works as a deal.

As always this is just one ole fossil's opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. It stands for firefighter Ron & my favorite passtime when I can't be riding. Any ideas on approximate cost of t belts?

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Ron, timing belts cost around $100.00 but to put them in I don't know. I probably would assume 2-3 hrs at a dealer guessing maybe another 250.-300. I know that some guys change their own but I would not attempt that if you are not setup well to do your own work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts