Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
New to the board but not bikes though my question makes me sound like an idiot. Long story short. Jumped the 96 1500 Wing SE off my atv battery which has the posts on opposite ends. Needless to say the sparks flew and I fried the 55 amp. main fuse on the wing. New fuse and new Westco battery in place and all SEEMED well. However, the volume on the fm radio won't turn up and the clock stops running when the key is turned off. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks and God Bless,
Kevin

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Check in the relay box, it is located right next to the fuse box, there are 2 fuses in there, check them.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Maybe I can make you feel better, last weekend was doing some service on the bike, changing the engine and rear end oil. After draining both, filled the rear end with the required lube and moved onto the engine. For some reason it seemed I just didn't quite get all the required oil into the crankcase, but it was full, started it to check for leaks, all good. Pushed her up into the garage and the light went on when I saw the bag on the floor next to the bike...stupid is as stupid does...I forgot to change the filter!!:eek:

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
We are all subject to brain farts now and then. A few years ago my wife and I flew over to visit friends. During my preflight walk-around, my wife interrupted me as I pulled the dipstick. I placed the dipstick on the step ladder and went to help her get stuff out of the car. Came back, finished my preflight, and off we went into the blue. Two days later, I was doing my pre-flight prior to returning home, and when I got to the engine oil, NO DIPSTICK! Ok there was 'one' dipstick:rolleyes: The moral of this story: If anyone interrupts me now, I start my walk-around over completely. It's just pure luck it didn't cough my engine oil all over the place, but it never lost a drop. Our friends had to drive me home to get the stick (on the ladder right where I put it down) and then drive back so I could bring the plane home.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow! LUCKY is right! I always stop the pre-flight when someone starts talking to me, and go back to the checklist when they are done. I have done something similar. Found a wrench left by a mic on top of the engine a month after the annual check. Yikes!!!!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts