Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now that I have your attention! I was conferring with an esteem member here and we remarked how many " Newbies " have joined our community in the last few months. In honor of this we decided to resurrect an old tradition in a new thread. You veterans will recall the thread entitled " occupation ". We would like to repeat that theme for all those members who have joined us since. For all, the question is this: " What do you do professionally, or have done, to support your love of riding ? " We encourage the " veterans " to re-post as a re-introduction to our new members. Your cooperation is sincerely demanded. Since the duty has been heaped upon me I will begin: Age: 53. 25 years as a garage door serviceman. Hey! It's a job, it's not my life. ~ Lee.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
well I have been a a/c service man for the past 15 years ! I have work for the companys pitting in 80hours a week till about 6 mounths ago . Now i work for the school dist.as a maint. man and love it work about 40 hours week and am able to take my son to race his dirt bikes on the weekends and when I have time I can ride my winger!!

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Hey I'm one of those "veterans" ie. old guy. So I'll join in because I'm an HVAC guy too. 35 years at the same Great Company. Actually General Manger/Sales now.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Well, I'm new to this board but not to motorcycling.I'm 55 and I own a small plumbing and heating business here in central Illinois. Been on the job for the last 18 years.
Hey, it pays for the bikes :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think hvac guys like goldwings, seem to be the trend here???

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
O.K. I'll break the trend. I just turned 60 in December 09, I retired in December 05 at the age of 55, I had 30 years with Hostess Cake as a route drive and at 55 years old I had the golden 85 which means we can retire at 100% of our benefits at that time, so needless to say I retired on December 18, 2005. I have been riding Gold Wings since 1985 and my 08 is my 6th Gold Wing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok so I'm the youngest guy so far, 47 this May. I have been with the same heat treating Furnace building company for sixteen years, Love it... Something different all the time. I'm on my first Goldwing a 1984 that I am redoing. Torn apart in the garage right now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
no IM the youngest guy!! 21, and i LOVE goldwings. but trust me I do catch a lot of heat from my friends about riding such an "old mans" bike.

then again, its a 1978, so it counts as Vintage, which means its not so stale and boring in my group of friends.

·
Registered
5 Posts
48 here in Tennessee , Just got my first GW , 84 Aspy , last week , have always wanted one, been in Environmental testing for 22+ yrs ,looking forward to heading to the East TN mnts this spring !!

·
Registered
449 Posts
O.K.... I'll be 54 next month. I'm (are you ready for this) Senior Service Tech for Southern Star Concrete which is a sub of ARGOS International. In plain English.....I'm the oldest guy in this big companies Arkansas Repair Shop. I've just started my 25th year with them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Retired Jan 2008 after 30 years running Heavy equipment,turned 65 last Oct.
I think there's still some Diesel fuel in my veins LOL Operating 60 tons of
cold steel every day gave me an appreciation for the nimbleness and response of
my MC's . I started riding in 1966 after my Navy years,man that was a lifetime ago.
I'm a proud Canuck,planning another MC tour through the rockies this summer with the
boys,three of them,nice to see them follow in the old mans footsteps :)

-Robert-

·
Super Moderator
11,813 Posts
49 years young. Been with the same retail chain for almost 22 years. Boring job, but somebody has to do it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just turned fifty this feb wife brought me a 09 airbag wing for the occasion, I'm a registered nurse on long island working in the OR of a level 1 trauma center not much different than mechanics we just work on people.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Another one of the oldies. Retired in 2002 at age 56. I was Sr. Manager of financial applications for Nabisco/Kraft foods. Still do some accounting work for my church and another ministry (without pay) to keep me busy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Retired actor, age unknown, I’m not a Doctor but I played one on TV. Currently working on finding a cure for the Swine Flu.

·
Registered
38 Posts
61 in april, nail bender for 40 years,supervisor now.Aux police few years.Road Harleys for long time.Now i have08 Navi 1600 miles so far and we love it .4 more years they can kiss my --- ,Travel time then you know what i mean ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
37. Bookkeeper from Long Island. Got over the concept that the Goldwing was an old man bike before I hit my first 100 miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi my name is MIKE soon to be 52 I am water superintendent for (dont laugh) Hicksville Ohio located in northwest of the state looking at trikes

1 - 20 of 472 Posts