Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks, Mt name is Leon and my wife and I are new owners of a 1981 GL1100. It was a true barn find. The bike only had 11,314 miles on it. The windscreen did not have a scratch in it. The amber of the lenses is so very clear it's scary.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Nice wheels Leon, I enjoy the stories of someone finding a treasure packed away in someones barn. Good for you & the mrs. Enjoy.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Nice find, how long has it been sitting? You need to make sure all the rubber seals and gaskets and fork seals aren't dried out and the tires should be replaced before you put it on the road. With a little work you will soon be on the road. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,877 Posts
Congrats on your great find and welcome to the forum from Pa. Get that Wing ready for the road and go ride in style..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I plan on going all the way through the whole bike with a fine tooth comb. Does any one know where I can get a trike rear end for this wing? See I'm a parapelegic and I really need three wheels. I've been looking at stability wheels, But I would like to do a true trike if I can do it reasonably.Any way here are some more photos from days 2,3,4,and 5 so far. The radiator is at the shop getting cleaned and pressure tested.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice find, how long has it been sitting? You need to make sure all the rubber seals and gaskets and fork seals aren't dried out and the tires should be replaced before you put it on the road. With a little work you will soon be on the road. :)
The bikes been sitting for 21 years. It only has 11,316 original mile on her. The factory windscreen does'nt have a scratch on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts