Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how to ask this question...On my '81 GW I had the highway pegs in the front and chrome tubes and light bars surounding the rear saddle bags...thus in a fall the bike was mostly protected.....

On the new GW's...let say '08-'10 what type of saddle bag protection is there that looks good...the light bars are now integated into the molding of the bags...I don't think the chrome "roll bar" that is in front of the rear saddle bags sticks out far enough to protect the rear bags....

Any recommendations....I am not looking to dump the bike...but I did dump my '81 when me and the misses were stopped on a hill crossway and my foot hit an oil spot...the bike survived because of the highway pegs and light bars....

Look forward to any response....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
The front and rear crash bars are all you need, you can lay the bike down on it's side and not hurt anything, I had a friend go sown in sand on a corner and the bike slid on the crash bars. Watch this video about laying it on its side to change a rear tire.
http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217161

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
It's hard to believe that those 2 small crash bars will protect the Wing, but Joe is correct. If you drop it all the way over the most damage you will do is to the mirror which will bend and probably scratch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe, Thanks...that was a great video..I never changed a tire on my bike before...after that video...I think I would be willing to try it.....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow, what an awesome video!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts