Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to the forum. I am getting tired of my old Concours 14 and looking at a new 2010 or 2012 Goldwing abs. I am here to lurk and see what I can find out about the Goldwing and its faults before I buy.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
The worst thing about owning a wing is trying to to get the :d off your face.
I can't see a down side.
From the northwest corner
ron

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you are even considering it, you should do it.
Once you ride on a wing of your own, you will wonder what took you so long.
Power, comfort, ride in the rain without rain gear and stay mostly dry, what it not to love?
Now to choose, year, color, new, used, you can't go wrong.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Shoe, welcome to the GWOF from Pa. Feel free to lurk, but sooner or later you will be hooked.. Ride safe..

·
Registered
109 Posts
There's nothing in the current market that can be compared to a Goldwing. Go take one for a test ride or borrow a friend's and allow that experience to determine your decision. :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome!

There aren't too many new 2010s left on the west coast & the ones that are left are yellow (my wife's favorite color, but not mine).

We looked carefully at the 2010s & 2012s before deciding to buy a 2008 level III abs. It was a full 10K less than the 2012 & it had just 18K miles.

Anyway, welcome & best wishes during your search!

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome from Pa. Enjoy the forum and go get that Wing while we still have some good riding weather left.

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello shoe, welcome to GWOF. if you are able to rent one do it

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF....Don't go with a Wing!!! :eek:

Unless of course you want comfort, luxury, power, handling and a chick magnet all rolled into one package:D

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Connie is a fine ride just piss poor gas milage , but if a sporting ride is what your after but in a luxo touring rig a 1800 is the way to go

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome Shoe, what can I add to what's been mentioned already? Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Connie is a fine ride just piss poor gas milage ........
You're so right about the mpg. Anybody who says otherwise is believing the lcd readout on a downhill.

Luckily I was able get a test ride today on a used 2008 at my local dealer. The Glodwing is a smooth ride for sure. I would have a very short adjustment period if I go with a Wing. The seat is a little more upright but I had no problems reaching the controls. And no seat height problems.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. As far as the gas mileage goes, all I want to know is how far will it take me and how far away is the next gas station. Eric

1 - 17 of 17 Posts