Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
DO IT!!!! The Barber will let you put that Wing in the Wind:eek:....Just let me know. Thats a pretty cool deal....you can ride with me and the local GWRRA boys.:)
Thanks, I've got family just NE of B'ham. Free room and board for Barber!

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
I'm intrigued Martini, Barber Vintage Festival. What's your pleasure in world of motorsports?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm intrigued Martini, Barber Vintage Festival. What's your pleasure in world of motorsports?
I have a garage full of old British Iron. '75 Norton Commando, '69 Norton Commando, '77 Triumph Bonneville, '65 BSA Thunderbolt Rocket. I also have a '75 Penton Mint 400 dirt bike that has been in the family since '76. I know, I have a problem:D

·
Administrator
25,913 Posts
Very nice Martini! :D

·
Administrator
25,913 Posts
I have a garage full of old British Iron. '75 Norton Commando, '69 Norton Commando, '77 Triumph Bonneville, '65 BSA Thunderbolt Rocket. I also have a '75 Penton Mint 400 dirt bike that has been in the family since '76. I know, I have a problem:D
Only ever owned one Brit bike. This isn't the real deal (I have no idea where my old pics would be now) but this is what I survived at the ripe old age of 17, 1971 Norton Commando Roadster Fireflake Roman Purple:

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Only ever owned one Brit bike. This isn't the real deal (I have no idea where my old pics would be now) but this is what I survived at the ripe old age of 17, 1971 Norton Commando Roadster Fireflake Roman Purple:
I always liked that color. Being from Canada have you seen the movie "One Week"? It's about a young guy who has cancer and takes a trip across Canada on his Norton.
I believe it was done by a Canadian film maker.

·
Administrator
25,913 Posts
I've heard of it, but never seen it. One more to put on the list..I finally watched Gone With The Wind about two months ago:eek: I thought that colour was about the coolest thing on Earth when I first saw it, but then I thought the multi coloured shag carpet in my boogie van was cool then too:eek: Dealer that sold me the bike wouldn't take my money until I proved to him I could kick start the beast myself. Took a bit of learning I must say.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
I always liked that color. Being from Canada have you seen the movie "One Week"? It's about a young guy who has cancer and takes a trip across Canada on his Norton.
I believe it was done by a Canadian film maker.
I saw it, Good movie had Joshua Jackson (better known as Charlie of the Mighty Ducks (child) or Peter Bishop of The Fringe (adult). Really enjoyed it.

Speakling of motorcycle movies have you seen "The World's Fastest Indian"?

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
Dealer that sold me the bike wouldn't take my money until I proved to him I could kick start the beast myself. Took a bit of learning I must say.
I remember how strange it was kick starting my Ossa. Standing next to it on the left side kicking with your right leg.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,939 Posts
Very nice! :) Looks like there is only one thing you might want to add. A driver's backrest.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Very nice! :) Looks like there is only one thing you might want to add. A driver's backrest.
Good Idea, I have seen those and like the idea of having a backrest. Where is a good place to find one?
I am amazed at the goodies that are available!

·
Premium Member
17,043 Posts
As far as the back rest goes, look into the Utopia back rest. I install down into the seat rather then under the passenger hand grips. It's more comfortable for the passenger. WindStuff probable has them

·
Super Moderator
11,939 Posts
I would start with Wingstuff.com.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
Hear, Hear Chopin. My sentiments exactly.

·
Administrator
25,913 Posts
By the time you guys get done spending his money, he won't have any left to go to Perkins:eek::D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
By the time you guys get done spending his money, he won't have any left to go to Perkins:eek::D
Very true! I was just looking on WingStuff.com and I can see my finances crumbling.

I did find out the PO has a ring of fire and trailer hitch brand new in boxes he is going to give me. I also got the official Honda service manual with it.

·
Premium Member
23,796 Posts
We can outfit his bike like I would do if Mz. Vickie would release some funds. P.S. All new riders get a free breakfast at Perkins. Rules is rules.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
P.S. All new riders get a free breakfast at Perkins. Rules is rules.
Pretty easy for you to say Kimosabe, since you have - "Short arms & deep pockets".

41 - 60 of 80 Posts