Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
9,598 Posts
Welcome and its nice to see some more Pa. in here. The bike sounds like a good one and if you had the 1200 you know how Honda can make a bike.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Welcome to the forum from just over the mountain in WB. Too bad you were not looking for a bike a couple of years ago Let my 98 GL1500 with 35k miles go for $6,700 on a trade for my 09 GL1800. Could not find anyone interested in buying it. At the time it was probably worth close to $9K. It would be nice if you could get the owner down a little from his price, but bottom line is if your happy and he's happy then you have a good deal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Welcome to the forum from just over the mountain in WB. Too bad you were not looking for a bike a couple of years ago Let my 98 GL1500 with 35k miles go for $6,700 on a trade for my 09 GL1800. Could not find anyone interested in buying it. At the time it was probably worth close to $9K. It would be nice if you could get the owner down a little from his price, but bottom line is if your happy and he's happy then you have a good deal.
Thanks Neighbor! Looks like I missed a few posts here.

Before I pull the trigger on this, which might be today (my birthday) are there any issues with the '96 model year I should look out for?

·
Premium Member
23,799 Posts
Before I pull the trigger on this, which might be today (my birthday) are there any issues with the '96 model year I should look out for?
Don't know myself, but our first PA/VA ride meet this year should be in Gettysburg. Pick up Two Wheel and fossil on the way down to Perkins.

·
Super Moderator
11,945 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

Secondly:
Happy birthday! :)

And last but not least:
There were no issues with the 1500 of any year. I would get the bike as it sounds like a fair deal, as long as it runs good. With only 25,000 miles it has sat a lot and they don't like to sit. I would change the timing belts, if he hasn't recently, as they tend to harden with age.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
First - Welcome to the GWOF
Second - Happy Birthday
Third - PULL THE TRIGGER!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts..Iv been looking for a 1500 myself .If hes a friend try for a friendly discount down to 7000. what do you have to loose . Here is a item # on ebay its a 99 SE for 7300. to compare200702317670 worth a look mite help in the getting the price down unless your happy with his price. good luck

·
Super Moderator
15,134 Posts
change the antifreeze when you get the timing belts changed and happy birthday

·
Administrator
25,912 Posts
Man happy returns of the day. Now go pull the trigger on a real sweet "happy birthday to me" present!:D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Man happy returns of the day. Now go pull the trigger on a real sweet "happy birthday to me" present!:D

Well I did it! I am no longer a prospect, it's mine for $7,000. I'll try and post some better pics this week.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
Sweeeeeeeet! Good for you dirtymartini.

Looks like one I used to know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Premium Member
23,799 Posts
Well I did it! I am no longer a prospect, it's mine for $7,000. I'll try and post some better pics this week.

See you at Perkins in Gettysburg soon ! Yahoo, I knew you would come though. I hope I didn't influence your decision ? Remember, Perkins in Gettysburg in May. Time and date TBA.

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
Gee, fossil: Except for the Hartco seat, it is your bike reincarnate. Strange, very strange.
You're not as observant as I thought you were maestro. Loads of differences.
Windshieled, Mirror hand wings, iso grips, iso wings, iso hiway pegs, passenger transformer boards & no swirly paint on the body.

Martini has himself a very nice ride indeed!:D:D:D

Join us at Perkins in Gettysburg. Details coming in Spring right here on this very website.;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Super Moderator
28,510 Posts
I'll stay tuned...Big Event?
Nah, not at all. None of us think we are anything special. Just several old guys riding motorcycles & eating breakfast.

It's a nice meet up spot for our proximity to each other. Some nice roads as well.

Looking at it, you would come to Wilkes Barre meet up with Two Wheel, then head my way & head south, makes for a nice day.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Nice looking!!! I like the SHINE!!!!
When we say PULL THE TRIGGER!....You don't waste time. Well Done...Enjoy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Nice looking!!! I like the SHINE!!!!
When we say PULL THE TRIGGER!....You don't waste time. Well Done...Enjoy
Thanks, my trigger finger was itchy! I will probably be headed your way in October for the Barber Vintage Festival.

·
Premium Member
7,168 Posts
Thanks, my trigger finger was itchy! I will probably be headed your way in October for the Barber Vintage Festival.
DO IT!!!! The Barber will let you put that Wing in the Wind:eek:....Just let me know. Thats a pretty cool deal....you can ride with me and the local GWRRA boys.:)

21 - 40 of 80 Posts