Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Noob here. I am looking to buy a 1996 Gold Wing SE, one owner 25,000 miles, lots of extra goodies...Taller windshield(clear and smoke) air and foot wing deflectors, extra lights, 6 disc CD changer, new trailer hitch still in box. The owner is a friend of mine and independent auto service garage owner for 30 years. He takes immaculate care of his toys! He's asking $7,500, does that sound fair?

I have been riding some sort of two wheeled contraption since 1971 Starting out with dirt bikes and progressing to street. I have owned BMW RT's, RS's etc, but have always envied the comforts of a Gold Wing....It may be time????

All thoughts and input welcome.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Keystoner. Deal sounds good to me particularly since you know the history of the bike.

Good Luck & welcome again.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from a fellow Keystoner. Deal sounds good to me particularly since you know the history of the bike.

Good Luck & welcome again.
Thanks! Funny the first reply came from some one in NEPA....:D

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Schuylkill County my man. Home of Mrs. T's, Costas York & Yuengling.:D

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
If it looks good, buy it. One of our esteemed member had to sell his '95 SE. You have plenty of support in PA and VA if you need personal support presence. We have some summer trips planned so get it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Schuylkill County my man. Home of Mrs. T's, Costas York & Yuengling.:D
Mmmmm, Yuengling Porter! Went for a brewery tour two years ago, had a great time.

Now back to our regularly scheduled broadcast....any more opinions on this deal?

It's been quite a while since I have had a bike this large....

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Yeah since this is a friend of yours tell him you would like to take it for a ride. Now a know we aren't in the position to ride a lot right now but if you could put some miles on it then that could help with the decision process.

Seriously the bike sounds great & the mileage if anything is a little low.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. Go for it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah since this is a friend of yours tell him you would like to take it for a ride. Now a know we aren't in the position to ride a lot right now but if you could put some miles on it then that could help with the decision process.

Seriously the bike sounds great & the mileage if anything is a little low.
He did offer...I just have to find a day that is going to be decent. As long as it's sunny and over 35 I/m good to go.

I have ridden a 1200 (actually owned it for a year) and have ridden a fellow MSP rider coache's 1800, but I have never riddena 1500.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
You will find the 1500 to be the bulkiest of the 3. More top heavy than the 1800 (which has a sporty ride to it), but a might cushier ride.

More room on the 1500 as well, at least in my book. 1500's are great bikes, loads of aftermarket parts for them & still can get OEM parts as well.

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. I hope it's red.

I got to say it, we are getting way to many Pa. and Texas guys on here. Where an administrator when you need him. :D:D

Welcome to the forum anyway:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
23,763 Posts
He did offer...I just have to find a day that is going to be decent. As long as it's sunny and over 35 I/m good to go.

I have ridden a 1200 (actually owned it for a year) and have ridden a fellow MSP rider coache's 1800, but I have never riddena 1500.
Never ridden a 1500 either. " fossil92 " did let me sit on his 1500 in the parking lot just long enough to get comfortable in his Hartco seat. No bull. If you want a Goldwing and it doesn't have to " be " an 1800, buy it. Work out the details, if any , later.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a good deal to me. I hope it's red.

I got to say it, we are getting way to many Pa. and Texas guys on here. Where an administrator when you need him. :D:D

Welcome to the forum anyway:rolleyes:
Yes it is...kind of a Crimson red maybe? Funny thing is I used to live in Texas:D

·
Super Moderator
15,217 Posts
hello dirtymartini, welcome to GWOF. with the low milage and all the accessories the price sounds good to me. you won't be disappointed with the purchase

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Where an administrator when you need him. :D:D
Hey, I resemble that statement! As my esteemed 'bretheren' have said, welcome. I loved my 1500 for it's comfort and the extra oomph from the 1200 was a nice bonus. The bike sounds really good to me, but I'm curious as to what it has for extra lights. With more candlepower it can tax the 1500 alternator a bit more than it'sset for from the get-go unless it's got a Compufire.
cheers and hope it works out for you. Em, ya gotta watch for these guys, they can be, em, brutally honest:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Em, ya gotta watch for these guys, they can be, em, brutally honest:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Banned
3,186 Posts

Welcome from Seattle!

25,000 miles. It is only 10% used. $7,500 is 58.56% off the original price.

Some of these guys can't do the math. Don't let that stop you from buying it or listening to them, as they know their motorcycles. Some know more than others and there are others that have more motorcycles than others.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
According to the NADA Guide for motorcycles that should be a good price. He is right between the good and excellent scale.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts