Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Welcome Sahne. I don't know about the projector beams, but hopefully someone chimes in with some answers. I put higher output bulbs in mine, but they weren't HID's in them days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome Sahne. I don't know about the projector beams, but hopefully someone chimes in with some answers. I put higher output bulbs in mine, but they weren't HID's in them days.
I too, have gone to brighter bulb but after seeing headlights on new autos , I would like to try a projector with HID on my bike.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The only thing I know about HID's is they are BRIGHT!! But, I have read a couple of things about them. Spend the extra to get quality units.
I hear the "cheap" stuff can have a short life...and often they will "flicker" if the components are...well, from the Orient....:rolleyes:
Other than that, personally..I like the color around 5K.. very "White"....higher than that and they take on a "Purple" or "Blue" color. So, do a bit of homework on color ranges to see what suits you best.:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Maybe someone with more knowledge can jump in here, but from what I read on another forum they are illegal unless they came from the factory installed or could be bought from the manufactuer of the vehicle. After market could get you fined.

Hope someone can confirm this as I was thinkinng of doing this myself.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yup, I too would like to do this. BUT, I drive the Goldwing over 10k miles a year and often at night - so reliability is king for me. I work 7am to 7pm and with my travel time before/after it is dark.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts