Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did the front with progressive springs and cancel the anti dive not to blow seals. It did a big difference to the front end plus I installed a fork brace witch help in turning. There is a video for the rear shocks to add oil if it needs it.

This is a GREAT link. Thank you so very much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have purchased the front springs, and a rear spring because at 450 pounds combined me and Mrs. ( mostly muscle of course) bottom out. I'm waiting till after the ride we have coming next week down to Key West then I'm having the dealer replace them before spring time arrives.
I love the anti dive feature and would never give that up. I suspect if I weighed 150 I wouldn't have these issues but we do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think I have made my decision.
First of all I would like to say thank you to everyone for there input.

My rear shock is defently lacking the proper fluid level. The pump doesn't start to lift/load until 8. However, I truly believe that the rear spring is weak for the both of us. I think I will go with a fluid change service, install the new progressive spring, and replace the hydraulic hose with the steel braided hose. As far as the forks go I think Im just going to replace the springs with the progressive springs for a $100 and just RR from the top with out removing the forks. Seems to be easy enough and worth the try.

My goal here is to give an honest evaluation as to if this is worth it or not. Mind you, that this bike will mostly be ridden with the both of us. ( I tell everyone that its her bike ;) ) As Im sure that it may be a bit stiff solo.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I get quite a few GL1800's in the shop with stick or partially stuck ADV s and for me that is #1 for harsh ride. Adding monotubes gets rid of the ADV so that alone is a plus and progressive does have a proven record for excellence. Springs don't do much as mechanically they are very similar to stock although visually they appear quite different. A bias tire up front also helps if it's run a the correct pressure of no more than 35psi. BTW the oil in the forks will almost always smell and be pretty nasty regardless of the mile unless recently changed and that is normal and should not be a concern.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts