Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'95 Aspy I thinking of installing front Progressive springs. Got estimate from local Honda shop; 2 1/2 hrs $162.50 installation only. How is this estimate? Seems to much time to me. Do you like your Prggressive springs?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Way to high, It should only take an hour. You can do it yourself. Put a jack under the bike so it doesn't collapse when you take the fork caps off, (I found that out the hard way) Jack it up a little to take the pressure off the forks, remove the fork and take the spring out, replace with new spring then do the other side. The hardest part is putting the caps back on. If you have a motorcycle accessory in your area take it there and let them do it.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Had mine put on three years ago by my mechanic, don't remember the price but made a new bike out of my wing. Also put a progressive shock on rear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guy before me had them installed on my 1500 about 1.5 years ago dealer according to the invoice took an hour. I installed them on my GL1100 it will make such a difference in your ride you will ask yourself why you didn't do it sooner.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF chuck&suzieq. the front end of my 1500 is good but the rear shock is toast. the air shock is holding and working fine but the other shock isn't doing much of anything

·
Registered
145 Posts
I installed my own fork springs, took about 3 hrs. you have to take off the gauge cover (dash panel) and a plastic cover that covers the fork caps. The right fork, you have to disconnect the anit dive damper. It is a little time consuming but not difficult. You may have to readjust the fork oil level because the progressive springs displace more oil. I also changed the fork oil and used Amsoil Synthetic 10 weight. I like the springs, used them in every Gold Wing I've owned. It does stiffen the front end up considerably.
PS: when the bike is on the center stand, make sure you support the bike under the engin with a jack before you remove the fork caps. I also have the shop manual for my "02" GL1800.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts