Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last time I was home I noticed at a fuel stop on the side stand, when I would pick up the bike that when stood up the front end would just drop. I have 30,000 miles on the wing. I always felt something just did not feel right on the front end, I felt every bump.

So I installed a set of progressive springs and then took the air valves out and filled with ATF fluid to what I think is the correct level on a 1995 SE 14 inches of air space. Took it out for a quick ride and felt great. Putting the fluid in with a syringe was the Pitts. Lost count on the rights side, so I pulled the air valves today and measured the air gap. 3 inches higher left side than right.

I was done using the syringe method, so I went to NAPA and bought a brake bleeder,and a 2 foot brake line 3/16th inch and built me a device for sucking out the excess fluid. Put a stop on the brake line with a measurement of 14 inches for air gap, poured in excess fluid with a small funnel, hooked up my sucker upper, and 2 minutes job done.

Would have taken it out for a quick spin ,but knew I had a bad cell in the battery and it was flat. Tomorrow going to order the compufire alt and AGM compufire battery. Then I can start putting more lights on the bike. Next project will be synch the carbs.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
I like idea of over filling and drawing down to proper level. I'll have to try remember that.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well when you get ready to install them I have some tips that will help.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Thanks for the offer of tips, but I'll get my son to give me a hand since he owes me. $22,000 to send him to the AMI motorcycle school. Cody from American Choppers was in his class. Not to mention that I've been working as a truck mechanic for almost 30 years and I do all my own work. Dismounting and mounting tires by hand gets to be a PIA. I've been kicking around buying a tire mounting system for a couple of years. Tired of paying $30 to $50 a tire for it. Seems like shops don't want to do it anymore unless you buy the tires from them at a much higher price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.