Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning to upgrade my '87 Aspencade with progressive rear shocks & springs for the front.:)
I found a really nice pair of shocks on ebay, I got them a few days ago. They are in excellent condition...the best part? :D

They have stickers on them that say "Tour Tuned" and under that in large Red letters "MAGNUM";
Then under that... "PROGRESSIVE SUSPENSION". So, it seems I've killed two birds with one stone! So, what does "Magnum" mean?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Blade, never heard them refered to in the case of magnum, however I just did a quick web search & it looks like several places sell them that way, Bike Bandit & Dennis Kirk for instance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Anyone here know how to make Progressive Suspension rear air shock stop from dumping air as I have fitted them to my 95 Goldwing but after I removed the rear topbox/panners frame to do a back tyre change... I did remove the topbox/panners & frame as a one piece unit & disconected all the wiring looms.. When I remounted it & reconected all the wiring looms I try to pump my rear shocks up to pressure only to see them loose all pressure on the onscreen pressure gauge in the dash... any help on this would be a great help as I am trying to do this on a low budget as have someone to do it for me will cost me heaps$$$$$$ for which I don't have... Or anyone know where I can get a air inline to bypass the onboard aircompressure....

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
you might have to double check the connectors and make sure you didn't pinch an air line when you had things apart

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yes you do it with tools and the instructions.
Sorry I couldn't resist being a smarta*s
I have never done the job you are mentioning.
I guess you are asking because you bought a used set?
Which perhaps came with no instructions.
Let me know if this is the case. If it is lay out your parts that you got and post some pictures of them.
And we will do what we can to help you get them on your Wing.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
does anyone kniow how to install motorcycle enterprises floor boards on a 1987 aspencade
you need to start a new thread qndaskyour question. piggy backing it on this thread means other members that might know how won't see it cause they didn't read this thread

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.