Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my '04 Goldwing a couple of years ago. I had a Garmin Zumo 550 GPS which is still a great unit. What I like best is being able to plug it into my computer and program routes for upcoming rides.

I am thinking about getting another Goldwing, but I know you could not program a route on the Honda system from your computer, such as using a card reader and putting the sim card back onto the bike the last time I checked.

Did Honda ever fix this? I use my GPS a lot and I really don't want to hang a GPS on a bike with built-in navigation. Seems goofy. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an O8 GL 1800 ABS and the Navigation system does not compare to a Zumo. You can not use a computer to program it. That said, it does work once you get the knack of it. Frankly speaking, Honda really screwed up with their system in a number of ways. Worse yet, they apparently are not updating the system that I have. Thank you Honda. They should get this fixed. Just my thoughts being the proud owner of two Honda motorcylces and a car.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have an O8 GL 1800 ABS and the Navigation system does not compare to a Zumo. You can not use a computer to program it. That said, it does work once you get the knack of it. Frankly speaking, Honda really screwed up with their system in a number of ways. Worse yet, they apparently are not updating the system that I have. Thank you Honda. They should get this fixed. Just my thoughts being the proud owner of two Honda motorcylces and a car.
Garmin is now offering updates for the very non-user friendly early Honda Nav units. My understanding is a new update will be issued each August time frame:
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=10750&ra=true#versionTab

1 - 3 of 3 Posts