Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Product Review

Good Morning, My name is Mike Jackson and I have joined the Baker Built Air Wings Team. I was wondering if those of you out their with our product would provide me with your honest feedback about our product. If you would like to contact me with any questions my email is [email protected].
Thank You,
Mike

·
Administrator
25,357 Posts
They are a popular product line around here Mike. I'll send you what I know from my experience.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
Centramiatic wheels balancers
Juts got mine while im in Maggie Valley, and wont have time to fit them before i have an ocean flight, will test them on the trip in NOV to the M&G
Terry I have had mine quiet a few miles...At least 30,000. Combined with diligent air pressure 41psi I managed to get 15,000 out of my rear Bridgestone tire I would recommend this product

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
Many of us in the "upper" age bracket have to deal with problems we may or may not have known were approaching, many which can have an effect on the duration of our lives. Sometimes its things we have to be sure those around us are aware of.

Remember when I had my leg problem back in Maggie Valley? One of the things to come out of is I am now taking blood thinners. This could become a serious issue in case I'm in an accident and unconscious. So I have gotten a Medical ID Alert. There are many brands, mostly bracelets or something worn on a necklace, from similar to a dog tag to a USB stick.

The cheaper ones may show a phone number or a website address. The first responder would make that contact and get into information files at the vendor's. I felt I ride so often in areas that have no cell phone service, those would not always be a good choice.

I chose a bracelet, partly because an EMT told me he felt the bracelet was more likely to be noticed quickly in an emergency situation. When the clasp on the bracelet is opened, it exposes a USB connector that the first responder simply plugs into his onboard computer. All of my info is stored in the bracelet, no need for a cell connection.

It gives as much info as I want to share....personal, medical history, allergies, medications (prescribed and OTC), emergency contacts and phones, doctors and phone, and has space for extra notes. However, one of the things it asks for is insurance info. I'm on Medicare. My claim number is my SSN. UH-UHH. That's one of the key bits of info for identity theft. Anybody could grab the bracelet before first responders arrive. I ain't given my SSN out.

These can be bought at most pharmacies, although they are just a middleman buying from the mfg. Or direct. I was surprised to find the cheapest for my choice was Wingstuff, and I'm VIP so discount some more.

Http://wingstuff.com/products/37072-usb-emergency-id-white

·
Premium Member
5,405 Posts
Good idea randy.
Like it.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Many of us in the "upper" age bracket have to deal with problems we may or may not have known were approaching, many which can have an effect on the duration of our lives. Sometimes its things we have to be sure those around us are aware of.

Remember when I had my leg problem back in Maggie Valley? One of the things to come out of is I am now taking blood thinners. This could become a serious issue in case I'm in an accident and unconscious. So I have gotten a Medical ID Alert. There are many brands, mostly bracelets or something worn on a necklace, from similar to a dog tag to a USB stick.

The cheaper ones may show a phone number or a website address. The first responder would make that contact and get into information files at the vendor's. I felt I ride so often in areas that have no cell phone service, those would not always be a good choice.

I chose a bracelet, partly because an EMT told me he felt the bracelet was more likely to be noticed quickly in an emergency situation. When the clasp on the bracelet is opened, it exposes a USB connector that the first responder simply plugs into his onboard computer. All of my info is stored in the bracelet, no need for a cell connection.

It gives as much info as I want to share....personal, medical history, allergies, medications (prescribed and OTC), emergency contacts and phones, doctors and phone, and has space for extra notes. However, one of the things it asks for is insurance info. I'm on Medicare. My claim number is my SSN. UH-UHH. That's one of the key bits of info for identity theft. Anybody could grab the bracelet before first responders arrive. I ain't given my SSN out.

These can be bought at most pharmacies, although they are just a middleman buying from the mfg. Or direct. I was surprised to find the cheapest for my choice was Wingstuff, and I'm VIP so discount some more.

Http://wingstuff.com/products/37072-usb-emergency-id-white
I got mine off Ebay....has a Micro USB card in it....Isaac

·
Premium Member
8,220 Posts
That's smart, Randy. Believe I'll get one myself, since the western trip in June will be in a lot of remote country. Thanks!

I should also provide a proper review of my new Optic Armor +2 windshield in the proscribed thread: Awesome! Absolutely clear and little wind buffeting, noticeably less than the Tulsa Tall. I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10. (The .5 is for costing $269, with an excellent vent; though that is about $100 less than F4+4 for the same shield made out of the same stuff. OK, let's just make it 10 out of 10!:wink2:)

·
Premium Member
8,220 Posts

·
Vendor
166 Posts
F4 Customs Inc Review

Windshields for Honda

"UPGRADE JUST DON'T REPLACE"

F4 Customs motorcycle windshields are manufactured from the Highest Grade of Optical Polycarbonate for amazing clarity, excellent Rain Shedding, Chemical and Scratch Resistance even when rubbed with steel wool, and they are shatter proof making the F4 the "safest and best" choice for your next windshield.

Take a look at what others had to say about their F4 windshields!
Www.f4customs.com

941-347-7496

·
Registered
341 Posts
We want to say that this is a great idea! Not only do we invite any and all F4 Customers to share their reviews (good or bad, we use the customer feedback to make a better product) but we are constantly looking for the best products for OUR bikes! We all ride and will be reading and evaluating.....thanks for the great suggestion!
I installed the F4 windshield on my bike last season, and all I can say is that I totally love it.... I like to look thru my shield, (and there is no distortion) opposed to looking over it...........this shield has become one of my best added investment(s)

Ronnie

·
Vendor
166 Posts
I installed the F4 windshield on my bike last season, and all I can say is that I totally love it.... I like to look thru my shield, (and there is no distortion) opposed to looking over it...........this shield has become one of my best added investment(s)

Ronnie
Thanks for the comment

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think the Werk shield with the folded up tip would work well such that you could see over the shield and yet, not get too much buffeting.

Currently, I have a laminar lip on top of the OEM that seems to work really well.
Also, I augmented my wind protection by purchasing a piece of plexiglass, cutting it and made some wind-deflectors which I then attached to those funky OEM winglets on the lower end of the shield by using them snap on velcro thingies--don't really know the name.

PS I posted this before (I think) I hope I am not going senile enough to start posting things twice...'m sure you guys will let me know if I am.
shied1.jpg
shield2.jpg

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Just tried out my new BeadPro FS from Motion Pro this afternoon on the rear tire of my Wing. I was skeptical at first, but after working my way about 2/3 the way around the bead did indeed let go. I was only installing a FOBO T-stem so I didn't try removing the tire, but I'm pretty happy with this purchase.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Lexin B4FM Bluetooth Headsets: Review

I bought a pair of Lexin B4FM bluetooth headsets in June for ~$140 USD. They're currently $149 on Amazon. With smartphones, these work great for music/audiobooks, GPS navigation, Google Assistant, phone and intercom.

Lexin provides good instructions and thorough Youtube videos, so installing the headsets and setting up the units was easy. The units are small enough and stay out of the way when clipped on.

The four control buttons are well laid out and easy to find through my gloves. My wife and I can listen to our own audiobooks or music between intercom conversations. Music audio is decent although they can’t put much bass through the tiny helmet speakers. Intercom/phone audio is very good both ways and the wind noise cancellation does its job. With my visor down, callers are surprised I’m riding a motorcycle.

The intercom range between our units is less than the claimed 1,600m. We might get 500m which is enough for us, even on separate bikes. The built-in FM receiver uses the headphone wire as an antenna so it has has a limited range, but I rarely use FM radio and I have one the bike if I need it. Battery life is surprisingly good. After listening to music for most of a 6-hour trip, mine still indicated 80% battery remaining.

My setup isn’t interfaced with the GL audio system but I don’t see a need for that. With Google Maps and a 128 GB card in my phone that can hold thousands of songs and audiobooks, I’m good to go.

I don’t know how these compare to their many competitors. I hear Sena products are very good, but they can cost 3-4 times as much as these. So far I’m really satisfied with the value for price.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Lexin B4FM Bluetooth Headsets: Review
View attachment 273931
I bought a pair of Lexin B4FM bluetooth headsets in June for ~$140 USD. They're currently $149 on Amazon. With smartphones, these work great for music/audiobooks, GPS navigation, Google Assistant, phone and intercom.

Lexin provides good instructions and thorough Youtube videos, so installing the headsets and setting up the units was easy. The units are small enough and stay out of the way when clipped on.

View attachment 273932

The four control buttons are well laid out and easy to find through my gloves. My wife and I can listen to our own audiobooks or music between intercom conversations. Music audio is decent although they can’t put much bass through the tiny helmet speakers. Intercom/phone audio is very good both ways and the wind noise cancellation does its job. With my visor down, callers are surprised I’m riding a motorcycle.

The intercom range between our units is less than the claimed 1,600m. We might get 500m which is enough for us, even on separate bikes. The built-in FM receiver uses the headphone wire as an antenna so it has has a limited range, but I rarely use FM radio and I have one the bike if I need it. Battery life is surprisingly good. After listening to music for most of a 6-hour trip, mine still indicated 80% battery remaining.

My setup isn’t interfaced with the GL audio system but I don’t see a need for that. With Google Maps and a 128 GB card in my phone that can hold thousands of songs and audiobooks, I’m good to go.

I don’t know how these compare to their many competitors. I hear Sena products are very good, but they can cost 3-4 times as much as these. So far I’m really satisfied with the value for price.
Very good review and spot on with your evaluation.

I bought these last year and love them. I wear hearing aids and the intercom works very well with them. Good sound and the wife and I don't have to yell anymore. A very good value purchase.

I wish they made a boom mic / over ear speaker headset so we could wear them when we are bicycle riding or hiking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,051 Posts
That might actually bring me into the wireless market, thank you.

Reactions: chuck65

·
Registered
26 Posts
MBL Innovations Handlebar Risers

I was experiencing pain in my hands, shoulders and upper back with the stock handlebar setup on my 2008 Goldwing. I decided to try these risers from MBL Innovations. I'm about 5'7", so I got the standard (1803S) option.

These risers are well made and the bolts seem to be of high quality. The instructions in the package were sparse, but there was enough info to install them. I already had the bodywork off to change my air filter, so installing the risers took less than an hour.

These made a big difference to my riding comfort. I can go for hours now and never experience any of the above complaints. I'd recommend them to anyone having similar pain/discomfort - especially if you're a bit vertically challenged like me. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is a review of the Veskimo Cooling Vest I bought myself and the wife last summer.

Veskimo Personal Cooling Systems

Very Lightweight and fits great. It is a mesh vest with lots of little tubes running throughout the vest. The research I did said the concept was for the Nasa Astronauts.
The vest uses a 12Volt DC power cord or you can purchase a rechargeable battery that will run the vest about 6 hours until a charge is needed. I have both.

I test rode the vest in the upper 90’s a couple days and really could feel the difference. It’s made for wearing under a jacket or a vest to block the wind and that is how it keeps you cool.

I first tried the vest using frozen water bottles, but that worked but not great. I then made my own ice blocks using Tupperware molds, which would fit into the ice chest. You then put about 20 Oz of water in the chest flip the switch on, and the 12 volt pump circulates the water over the ice and then through the vest. When you first turn it on you swear someone just poured ice water down your spine. You feel wet but are not.

The water connection is leak proof and spill proof and can be undone one handed.

The wife and I rode to Tulsa Ok last summer and both wore the vest and she loved it, around 95F during the trip. We were both wearing our waterproof riding gear and we would have cooked with them on without some type of cooling.

Simple setup, great customer service. The owner called me twice to see how the vest worked and how we liked them

Not cheap, but well worth the money.
Thanks for that report. I was not aware the product existed.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts