Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Product Review

Good Morning, My name is Mike Jackson and I have joined the Baker Built Air Wings Team. I was wondering if those of you out their with our product would provide me with your honest feedback about our product. If you would like to contact me with any questions my email is [email protected].
Thank You,
Mike

·
Administrator
26,312 Posts
They are a popular product line around here Mike. I'll send you what I know from my experience.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Centramiatic wheels balancers
Juts got mine while im in Maggie Valley, and wont have time to fit them before i have an ocean flight, will test them on the trip in NOV to the M&G
Terry I have had mine quiet a few miles...At least 30,000. Combined with diligent air pressure 41psi I managed to get 15,000 out of my rear Bridgestone tire I would recommend this product

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Many of us in the "upper" age bracket have to deal with problems we may or may not have known were approaching, many which can have an effect on the duration of our lives. Sometimes its things we have to be sure those around us are aware of.

Remember when I had my leg problem back in Maggie Valley? One of the things to come out of is I am now taking blood thinners. This could become a serious issue in case I'm in an accident and unconscious. So I have gotten a Medical ID Alert. There are many brands, mostly bracelets or something worn on a necklace, from similar to a dog tag to a USB stick.

The cheaper ones may show a phone number or a website address. The first responder would make that contact and get into information files at the vendor's. I felt I ride so often in areas that have no cell phone service, those would not always be a good choice.

I chose a bracelet, partly because an EMT told me he felt the bracelet was more likely to be noticed quickly in an emergency situation. When the clasp on the bracelet is opened, it exposes a USB connector that the first responder simply plugs into his onboard computer. All of my info is stored in the bracelet, no need for a cell connection.

It gives as much info as I want to share....personal, medical history, allergies, medications (prescribed and OTC), emergency contacts and phones, doctors and phone, and has space for extra notes. However, one of the things it asks for is insurance info. I'm on Medicare. My claim number is my SSN. UH-UHH. That's one of the key bits of info for identity theft. Anybody could grab the bracelet before first responders arrive. I ain't given my SSN out.

These can be bought at most pharmacies, although they are just a middleman buying from the mfg. Or direct. I was surprised to find the cheapest for my choice was Wingstuff, and I'm VIP so discount some more.

Http://wingstuff.com/products/37072-usb-emergency-id-white

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Good idea randy.
Like it.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Many of us in the "upper" age bracket have to deal with problems we may or may not have known were approaching, many which can have an effect on the duration of our lives. Sometimes its things we have to be sure those around us are aware of.

Remember when I had my leg problem back in Maggie Valley? One of the things to come out of is I am now taking blood thinners. This could become a serious issue in case I'm in an accident and unconscious. So I have gotten a Medical ID Alert. There are many brands, mostly bracelets or something worn on a necklace, from similar to a dog tag to a USB stick.

The cheaper ones may show a phone number or a website address. The first responder would make that contact and get into information files at the vendor's. I felt I ride so often in areas that have no cell phone service, those would not always be a good choice.

I chose a bracelet, partly because an EMT told me he felt the bracelet was more likely to be noticed quickly in an emergency situation. When the clasp on the bracelet is opened, it exposes a USB connector that the first responder simply plugs into his onboard computer. All of my info is stored in the bracelet, no need for a cell connection.

It gives as much info as I want to share....personal, medical history, allergies, medications (prescribed and OTC), emergency contacts and phones, doctors and phone, and has space for extra notes. However, one of the things it asks for is insurance info. I'm on Medicare. My claim number is my SSN. UH-UHH. That's one of the key bits of info for identity theft. Anybody could grab the bracelet before first responders arrive. I ain't given my SSN out.

These can be bought at most pharmacies, although they are just a middleman buying from the mfg. Or direct. I was surprised to find the cheapest for my choice was Wingstuff, and I'm VIP so discount some more.

Http://wingstuff.com/products/37072-usb-emergency-id-white
I got mine off Ebay....has a Micro USB card in it....Isaac

·
Premium Member
8,512 Posts
That's smart, Randy. Believe I'll get one myself, since the western trip in June will be in a lot of remote country. Thanks!

I should also provide a proper review of my new Optic Armor +2 windshield in the proscribed thread: Awesome! Absolutely clear and little wind buffeting, noticeably less than the Tulsa Tall. I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10. (The .5 is for costing $269, with an excellent vent; though that is about $100 less than F4+4 for the same shield made out of the same stuff. OK, let's just make it 10 out of 10!:wink2:)

·
Premium Member
8,512 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
The best thing I ever put on a wing was the Traxxion forks. It makes the front end of this bike solid. It is an expensive mod, but after you ride it, the difference will be worth its money is gold.

Goto Traxxion.com or google it around here and your 'll find a lot of satisfied customers with this set up.

·
Vendor
174 Posts
F4 Customs Inc Review

Windshields for Honda

"UPGRADE JUST DON'T REPLACE"

F4 Customs motorcycle windshields are manufactured from the Highest Grade of Optical Polycarbonate for amazing clarity, excellent Rain Shedding, Chemical and Scratch Resistance even when rubbed with steel wool, and they are shatter proof making the F4 the "safest and best" choice for your next windshield.

Take a look at what others had to say about their F4 windshields!
Www.f4customs.com

941-347-7496

·
Registered
177 Posts
We want to say that this is a great idea! Not only do we invite any and all F4 Customers to share their reviews (good or bad, we use the customer feedback to make a better product) but we are constantly looking for the best products for OUR bikes! We all ride and will be reading and evaluating.....thanks for the great suggestion!
I installed the F4 windshield on my bike last season, and all I can say is that I totally love it.... I like to look thru my shield, (and there is no distortion) opposed to looking over it...........this shield has become one of my best added investment(s)

Ronnie

·
Vendor
174 Posts
I installed the F4 windshield on my bike last season, and all I can say is that I totally love it.... I like to look thru my shield, (and there is no distortion) opposed to looking over it...........this shield has become one of my best added investment(s)

Ronnie
Thanks for the comment

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think the Werk shield with the folded up tip would work well such that you could see over the shield and yet, not get too much buffeting.

Currently, I have a laminar lip on top of the OEM that seems to work really well.
Also, I augmented my wind protection by purchasing a piece of plexiglass, cutting it and made some wind-deflectors which I then attached to those funky OEM winglets on the lower end of the shield by using them snap on velcro thingies--don't really know the name.

PS I posted this before (I think) I hope I am not going senile enough to start posting things twice...'m sure you guys will let me know if I am.
shied1.jpg
shield2.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just received my Powerlet jacket and glove liner kits.
1st impression I like both. It got jacket in XL and gloves in small-medium size. Jacket seems well made, fits really good not skin tight and not baggy. Neck zips way up high and is fleece lined. Glove liners are made out a material like spandex not really thin, nor thick. Jacket kit came with the wireless dual control. Sync with the jacket no problem. Put the jacket and glove liners on with the jacket set at the 105watt setting. Turned on the jacket and in 2 seconds I could feel the heat, same for the glove liners.

I will give a more detailed report after my 450+ mile ride in the morning when I is leave should be low 30's.

But right now happy with everything I saw.

Ok here is my review.
Already had the bike wired for my Sedici Hotwired gloves. 18 gauge wire to the battery from sedici.

I did not change over to the PowerLet cable and it was 16 gauge to the battery.

Left my house at 0500 Friday morning for the run down south to the Texas meet and greet. Temps was 42 and winds out of the south about 20+ . I got the jacket with the dual wireless controller, took about 5 seconds to sync up with the jacket. Easy peasy to do. I also got the powerlet glove liners. They are very thin and feel like spandex and come with a stand alone controller for them. I put the liners in my regular riding gloves which are just leather and turned them on after about 10 miles, hands started getting cold. Ran them at about 20 percent setting and they kept my hands warm. Cranked them up one time to make and a minute later had them off as they were cooking me. Gets hot fast. Love the glove liners no doubt they are gonna be great. Ran the gloves off the wireless dual controller.

Now for the jacket, if I would have went by the sizing chart on Powerlet website I would have ordered a large, but when I talked to a powerlet rep he said the jacket need to be one size larger than what there website says, so I ordered x-large. The jacket fit perfect was not spandex tight and was not loose fitting just right. I left the jacket set on the 105watt setting and about 30 miles into the ride I started getting chilled, so on came the jacket I started out at max setting and about 3 seconds I could feel the heat. Quickly I cranked the knob down to around 20-30 percent, and that kept me very comfortable through out the ride. Jacket seems very well made and the fleece neck keeps your neck warm and comes up high enough that you don't get that draft down the back of the neck.

Overall impression, I think it is very good heated gear, and love the wireless controller to run it with.

I was wearing a Sedici jacket waterproof and pants same brand. I was wearing a cool comfort thin long sleeve shirt and the Powerlet heated jacket and the sedici jacket. Helmet was a Nolan -104 .
I am not knocking any other heated gear brand, whatever your happy with , go for it.

I am very happy with my purchase of powerlet.
DO THEY OFFER THE JACKET IN 5 OR 6 XLG? I HAVE TROUBLE FINDING JACKETS FOR BIG GUYS. THANK YOU.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts