Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took off last Thursday, and in 8 days since I bought my 2010 wing, I have 2400 miles on it. A few comments../...questions.

Why doesn't the flagship touring bike have:

Gas miliage caculation and averaging?
Electrical adjustable windshield?
A radio that will seek and/or scan for radio stations? (If there is a way I haven't found it. I got cramps poking at the lever searching for music on my trip to North Carolina and back)

ALSO: Something is up with the front wheel. When I turn the handlebar all the way to the left, the front wheel locks/binds up! Anyone have a problem with that? I noticed it while trying to back up the other day, but really noticed it when I was doing a turn in my driveway last evening and it locking up caused my to lay it on it's side.

I figured that problem out!!!! Boy am I stupid....... When I pull in the driveway, I hang my full-faced helmit on the mirror. Turn the handlebars and the brake lever hits the helmit. How dumb is that!!!!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
The radio will scan. Just hold the toggle "tune" switch up or down until it beeps twice and it will stop on the next strong signal.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Steve, first I would take the bike in to the dealer and have it checked for the front end problem. The wheel should not lock up unless you have the key set to lock when you park it. On the radio, if you push the tune switch on the handlebar twice in succession or hold it down and it will scan either up or down to the next available station. As far as the calculation and windshield, it something to look forward to on the new model.... Ride safe and enjoy your flagship..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome to the site steve. Yeah, the windshield is a bummer in my books too. The ST has both the electric adjuster and the mileage calculator although here in Canada it is in kilometers per litre. I was at a dealer meeting last week and the engineers I spoke with said they were trying to get the electric adust accepted by the factory people. Maybe it'll appear on the 2012 model.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Feeling stupid about the radio

I guess I should have read the owners manual better and I wouldn't have whined about the radio.
After laying it on it's side Sunday, I didn't drive it again until today. The dealership is not open on Mondays, so I should be talking to them this morning. I could not get the front wheel to lock this morning backing it out of my garage. I hate intermittents. If it haden't done it twice while backing up, I might not have recognized it going forward because I was rolling very slowly. I want to assure you all though, I was in first gear, driving it around the house to the storage garage when it locked up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts