Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CD PLAYER PROBLEM.
Don't know how to start a new thread so I'll come in here.
I have a problem with the 6 stack cd player in my 06 GW. It was playing away nicely then all of a sudden ...nothing. The dash display flashed "check chng mech" when you select,say,Disc 1...the "1" flashes a few times then the screen changes to the "check chng mech" again. ( I presume that stands for 'check changing mechanism'," I've tried opening up the trunk and accessing the unit intending to eject one or all of the discs and i can't even do that.When i try to eject, the dash panel flashes "no disc' even though i know the unit has 6 discs in it.
I dont want to change the sound system for anything else, Ipods and such. I just wondered if any of you guys had some idea where i could start to look for the problem.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Cheers
Graham from down under
....Man's got to know his limitations.....

·
Administrator
29,082 Posts
Hang in there Graham I'm sure one of the guys with a cd player will be along to help.

PM Sent to you.

·
Super Moderator
10,055 Posts
I don't have a cd on my bike, but based on the message and the fact that you can't eject the cds in the unit, I would have to say it is either a problem with the unit or one of the cds is jammed and will not release. I assume those are sealed units and to take one apart would require special tools. You might want to find someone in your area that works on cd units and see if they can release the cd or check out the mechinism.

Good luck, and let us know the outcome...

·
Premium Member
24,515 Posts
Not sure who supplies the CD changers to Honda anymore. Panasonic used to produce them for Honda and Acura cars and the first one we had was very toublesome. They replaced it twice while we owned the Legend. Only thing that ever went wrong with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, its the fact that it actuallyflashes the message that makes me think it must be something common, if you know what i mean.I havent found anyone yet who seems to know anything about them, but i'll keep looking and let you know how it all pans out.
Cheers
Graham from down under
"a mans gotta know his limitations"

·
Super Moderator
10,055 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.