Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I had the same problem on my 95 1500A. Switch cleaning did some good. Theen it started again. After some testing I found the solinoid knowwn to Honda as a magnetic switch. There is one by the battery that would click but I got no power out. Remover it, placed an ohm meter across the switch studs and activated the coil with 12v. No continuity. Have one on order. I need to pull the one on the lower rail by the fuutpeg mount and teest it.

·
Registered
609 Posts
WINGSTER
I dont know yet. I too got about 2vdc before I removed it but that would be voltage feedback from the ignition system. Ill let you know more when I get the relay in and test the system.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well, mine turned out to be just the a solinoid. Got it in and hit the button. She turned right over but wouldn't fire. I thought "Now what the h***? Looked over and the kill switch was in the off position. Kicked myself then hit the button. She fired right up and sat there purring. I love my rocket ship

·
Registered
609 Posts
Could be the starter switch. Let off of it a little and see if it cranks. From the sound of things, it sounds like the A solinoid which is mounted on the front of the battery box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.