Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a Gl1500 that was delivered to me with a possible carb problem. here's what it is doing. Runs rich as heck. The carbs are sinced close but not perfect. If you pull the vacuum plug off the right bank there is very little vacuum and the motor does not change it's tone. If you do the same on the left bank the bike will eventually stall due to the severe vacuum leak.
All cylinders have about 150lbs with a compression check.
the carbs are spraying gas and introducing starting fluid to the right bank carb does not change a thing. If you pull a plug wire off the right bank there is no change in the way the motor runs. If you pull one off the left bank you can tell you just introduced a miss.
Here is the wacky part. Performing a spark test on the right bank. I have plenty of spark @ the plug. Now when I check for spark on the left bank there is none and that is the side that actually is running. Can anyone make sense of this for me? Just fyi that when the bike is warming up the left side valve cover warms up @ a quicker rate.

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
hi breakingparts, sounds like you have some partially blocked carbs, you need to remove an go through them. also check the carb mounting rubber connectors at the manifold for cracks. and also the vacuum lines at the carbs. good luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pretty obvious that you are not firing on the right bank. you have compression, you have spark, so it must be fule, (assuming that your intake valves are opening, and the spark is at the right time. Since the other side fires, I will assume that teh timing is correct, and I doubt the cam is worn enough to keep the intakes closed.) Try shooting some fuel in the carbs while it is running.
Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts