Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a set of the Deluxe Honda Carpets for my GL1800 A.
The carpet for the saddle bags fit perfectly as did the large piece for the trunk. However, the small piece that fits over the top of the CD changer is giving me a problem. The installation instructions show a couple of hook like divices that the small piece hook into but my CD changer does not have these hooks.

If you have a Honda CD changer in your trunk and have the Deluxe carpets, please confirm that your changer does in fact have two hooks on the top of the CD that the small piece of carpet attach to. If you have a picture of what your carpets look like installed that would be very helpful.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Sorry, don't quite know what you mean by these hooks. Mine doesn't have the CD changer, but the centre portion connects with button snaps; one on each side of the rear and one in the centre front location. The picture of the CD version in the PG&A catalogue shows two snap buttons in front and I'm guessing the rear is the same as mine. don't know if this helps, but I don't have a set here to compare with either or I'd be more clear.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Just guessing here but, there should be a plastic cover or lid, if you will, over the CD/CB well This cover is what I would think the carpet piece hooks to not the actual CD player.
Again that's just a guess as I have the CB radio but, no CD player and my carpet lays on top of the well or pocket these audio items mount in.

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Hmmmm...... Makes we wonder if you are missing the lid that covers the cavity over the CD changer.

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Hmmmm...... Makes we wonder if you are missing the lid that covers the cavity over the CD changer.
Thats what I was thinking.
My problem with the trunk rug is it pops off the snaps to the helmet hooks and I have to put them back on every time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carpet Installation

I have the plastic cover that the CD changer is mounted to but it does not have any hooks for the two holes in the rear of the center piece of carpet to attach to. Thanks for responding to my original post.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have the plastic cover that the CD changer is mounted to but it does not have any hooks for the two holes in the rear of the center piece of carpet to attach to. Thanks for responding to my original post.
Maybe the hooks just go under the lip of the cover, not through any holes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Installation Instructions

The instructions that came with the carpets show that the holes at the rear of the center piece attach to two hooks on the top of the plastic cover that it on top of the CDchanger. My plastic cover does not have any hooks on it.

Thanks again for your responses.

·
Registered
77 Posts
alright man, i just went out to the man cave and looked at mine, because i remember when i got my carpets, the trunk one wouldnt cover the cdplayer. so there WAS an alternative. the one you need is 2(two) different pieces. the one covers the whole trunk cavity, and the other piece, covers ONLY the cdplayer cavity. it has 4, snaps. 2 hooks, and 2 chrome snaps. hooks on the top, chrome snaps on the bottom. it has the GOLDWING EMBLEM embossed right on it. now this is on my 03 wing. just so you know. it sounds like this is what you need. keep on winginit rick

·
Registered
77 Posts
alright man, i just went out to the man cave and looked at mine, because i remember when i got my carpets, the trunk one wouldnt cover the cdplayer. so there WAS an alternative. the one you need is 2(two) different pieces. the one covers the whole trunk cavity, and the other piece, covers ONLY the cdplayer cavity. it has 4, snaps. 2 hooks, and 2 chrome snaps. hooks on the top, chrome snaps on the bottom. it has the GOLDWING EMBLEM embossed right on it. now this is on my 03 wing. just so you know. it sounds like this is what you need. keep on winginit rick
if you dont have the two hooks on your lid, then it should SNAP down with the two chrome snaps, and sit still just fine. the ledges in the molding of the trunk itself in the front of the trunk, should hold the front of the carpet just fine. it does on mine. rick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts