Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I bought a trailer for my Wing. My wife has arthritis in her knees and can't ride all day with me anymore. We wanted to be able to get to some pretty riding country and ride together; hence the trailer purchase. The first time I loaded the Wing on the trailer, my louvered belly pan hung on the hinge of the trailer. I was able to back the bike off (with some difficulty), but the louvers in the pan just hang too low. I removed it and have ordered a non-louvered Tulsa belly pan from Wingstuff which hopefully will have sufficient clearance.

·
Premium Member
6,761 Posts
This might be a silly question....but is your suspension set all the way up(25)?

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This might be a silly question....but is your suspension set all the way up(25)?

Mark

As a matter of fact that is an excellent question, and the answer is no, it was set at 15. That may have well made the difference in clearance. As it was, the belly pan had been doing it's job, had a number of dings and needed replacing anyway, so I don't feel quite so bad. Stupid, maybe, but not bad.

·
Premium Member
24,523 Posts
I have to agree with Ron, it's the length (or lack thereof) and the resulting angle from the ramp to the trailer deck that's the issue. You could easily build an auxilliary ramp that would lessen the incline I reckon.

·
Administrator
29,078 Posts
Use to load a racecar on a trailer that only had 1 1/2" ground clearance another thing you can do is the following.

With the trailer hooked to the toe vehicle drop the trailer jack & lift the trailer up against the suspension of the tow vehicle. That will change the angle of the deck, your ramps may still work & you may need no modifications. Something to think about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts