Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a Piggy Backer trailer close to our home for sale:
500 bucks, I had planned on building one with a HF trailer and a car top box that already have, but this ones is pretty tempting.

I think I could get a year maybe two then resell this once were done.

Is this a fair price for a used one?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Same here, if I could find one for 500.00 you bet I'd go for it, the cheapest I've seen trailers for is around 1500.00

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
The Harbor Freight Tag along trailer is the same trailer from a different importer. It sells with less features on the trailer at Harbor Freight for regular price of $399 but you can find a 20% coupon and catch it on sale as I did.... I got mine right at $300.

Also, if anyone is interested in buying this trailer, Harbor Freight has stopped selling this online and only stocks it in the store and will discontinue it after the store stocks are gone. Call local stores and see if they have any in stock.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
That is still a very nice trailer. The cooler rack, the upgraded chrome wheels and the front stand are very nice additions. Also, you didn't have to put it together and get a new trailer licensed.

These trailers pull great and stand up to regular use real well. I am sure you will be satisfied with your purchase.

I think they are a much nicer trailer than the harbor freight basic frame and travel tub installed on top. These are integrated with the exact size frame to match the top.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
HF has the trailer I was thinking of for 179.00
and if you use the coupon disc20 you still get another 20%
off of that price.
http://www.harborfreight.com/870-lb-capacity-40-inch-x-49-inch-heavy-duty-utility-trailer-with-8-inch-wheels-and-tires-42708.html

Still the Piggy backer that I found is pretty nice, larger wheels, the cooler rack and all ready to go.
Larry- i am glad that your still around here, I appreciate all your advice and views
:)
Thank you for your kind words.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
WEll scooter, don't be looking around the backyard for four leaf clovers if opportunity is knocking on your front door;) If the deal looks enticing, go for it!:)

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
have one

HF has the trailer I was thinking of for 179.00
and if you use the coupon disc20 you still get another 20%
off of that price.
http://www.harborfreight.com/870-lb-capacity-40-inch-x-49-inch-heavy-duty-utility-trailer-with-8-inch-wheels-and-tires-42708.html

Still the Piggy backer that I found is pretty nice, larger wheels, the cooler rack and all ready to go.
Larry- i am glad that your still around here, I appreciate all your advice and views
:)
I have a 40x49 new that i haven't used , because i decided it was too wide and went back and bought the tag - a- long at HF ! I haven't even put a bed on the 40x49 and it is sitting outside my shop waiting for a purpose !!

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I have a 40x49 new that i haven't used , because i decided it was too wide and went back and bought the tag - a- long at HF ! I haven't even put a bed on the 40x49 and it is sitting outside my shop waiting for a purpose !!
I flipped a motorcycle ramp upside down and mounted it on the trailer along with a wheel chock and it became my dirt bike trailer. i can pull it with my Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I bought one this past year. Pulls great no side motion. It may not be top of the line in looks but works flawlessly. No problems witH RAIN EITHER.

I did add a 3rd brake light, trunk spoiler to get the lights so truckers can see it. I have also seen them painted and it is amazing how much better they look.. You might decide you don't need a better one unless you just find a better deal..

500 is good deal. The add ons come up to the 900 asking price with a little for the labor needed to install.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts