Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be safe to take my bike to a car wash, so I can use the pressure washer on the front to get the bugs off?

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Ha Ha....I just did it. Take a couple of towels with you to wipe it down. I didn't spray the controls. Take some pledge multi-purpose. I put it on the center stand to do my wheels and tires.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Wish I could get my kids to do mine

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
i use glass plus to get the bugs off the wings, yes on the body work and windshield. there is no amonia in glass plus to mess up the windshield and i don't have to worry about the high pressure spry forcing water where it shouldn't be

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I use an inexpensive windshield wash. It takes the bugs off and doesn't hurt a thing.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wet the bike down just the nasty stuff spray down with Superclean let it soak but do not let this stuff dry spray with a little water just enough to keep it wet and fresh bugs roll right off old bugs need soaking then a good blasting with the pressure wand.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
As long as you are careful and don't direct the high pressure spray at the controls and buttons, you'll be ok. Just like your car, don't get the nozzle too close to the bike's surface either.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
As long as you are careful and don't direct the high pressure spray at the controls and buttons, you'll be ok. Just like your car, don't get the nozzle too close to the bike's surface either.
+1 with budoka

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
How about this method. It's a Harley, but I'm sure the procedure would be the same for a Wing. On a personal note, I think I was once in a rain storm very much like this with Fossil and the good Doc...

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
How about this method. It's a Harley, but I'm sure the procedure would be the same for a Wing. On a personal note, I think I was once in a rain storm very much like this with Fossil and the good Doc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv3HdXspRgA
Now that's some funny stuff.

Hey looking back on it, we sort of did resemble that couple. That was fun too right?

Ehhh Nevermind.:eek:

·
Registered
347 Posts
This looks like a win-win to me. Here in Vegas, we don't have a big issue with bugs because they can't handle the heat. We do however have these "rider cooling stations" at many of the mini-mart/gas stations. Thanks for the great idea! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv3HdXspRgA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts