Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pressure issue

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Thumper 
#1 ·
2018 Goldwing DCT, 3800 miles. I checked tire pressure with gauge and made sure I was correct pressure cold, since then every time I set off cold I get the blinking low tire light. Light goes off after 6 to 9 minutes. It also blinked after a couple hour rest, then disappeared. I will bring it up at my 4000 mile service.....Any Advise?

#2 ·
Check your gauge against another to verify it is correct. My 2018 front tire reading is always one pound less then actual, the rear is dead on with my gauge.

Reactions: NREMTP
#3 ·
I had a half dozen gauges before I purged the least accurate ones. Even my best (commercial quality) gauge is off by two pounds but I put a label on it's dial to remind me of that.

#4 ·
Is your bike showing the same pressure you set the tire at ?

#5 ·
Others on the forum have commented that their tpms will blink for awhile each time it is first ridden that day. They found that if you read the manual that this is normal and that the wheel sensors have to link to the dash sensor and then the light will stop blinking. If you research the forum you will find numerous threads on this issue. Hope this helps.

#6 ·
Mine does not blink unless the pressure in a tire is slightly under the set-point. When the factory installed tires were on it, I had to overfill by a couple of pounds due to a slow leak (that the dealer said was normal). Now my tires hold pressure like my SUV's do, rarely needing any air, so my TPMS has not blinked or come on since the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.