Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,011 Posts
Agreed....Don't want to drop it in a crowd of hecklers like this.
Wow that's a rough looking bunch.

Oh by the way, addressing the white elephant in the room, the c/t has nothing to do with it. You were obviously not in the right place or position on the Nighthawk. The Sport Demons never lie.

:budo:

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We wouldn't heckle you ref. Hehehe. Okay okay. Not too much at least. :)
Thats the funny thing.....When I dropped my Wing, I was overcome with embarrassment. When I did the skid, two trucks pulled up to help me and one guy said "Been there done that" and we started her up went on our way. No one wants to admit to the drop, but a crash carries a badge of courage. I guess its the getting horse after being bucked off mentality.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Wow that's a rough looking bunch.

Oh by the way, addressing the white elephant in the room, the c/t has nothing to do with it. You were obviously not in the right place or position on the Nighthawk. The Sport Demons never lie.

:budo:
Are you suggesting that those gravel weren't present at said earlier time. Maybe there was a saboteur.:Suspicious:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Hmmm.... Possibly.... Saboteur sounds more interesting and a much better excuse. Lol!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
28,011 Posts
Thats the funny thing.....When I dropped my Wing, I was overcome with embarrassment. When I did the skid, two trucks pulled up to help me and one guy said "Been there done that" and we started her up went on our way. No one wants to admit to the drop, but a crash carries a badge of courage. I guess its the getting horse after being bucked off mentality.

I had that same feeling a few years ago after Martin Tn.

·
Super Moderator
28,011 Posts
Are you suggesting that those gravel weren't present at said earlier time. Maybe there was a saboteur.:Suspicious:

Not at all, I am implying that you either were on a different line, not in a proper posture for said corner, or either braking/throttling differently then you were on the ST.

While racing it was always interesting to hear someone state the reason and causes to either an accident or loss of control when it happened. Especially when you would receive different takes on the same incident. Myself included in this just so you know.

I'm certainly not dressing you down my friend, just stating an opinion that's all.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm certainly not dressing you down my friend, just stating an opinion that's all.
That's for sure.....There will be no dressing me down.

As far as your opinion. Its 100% correct. On the ST, my line was more to the center. On the Nighthawk, I pushed it farther into the Apex where I got in the gravel.

I was justing seeing if I could cause controversy over the CT.

·
Super Moderator
28,011 Posts
That's for sure.....There will be no dressing me down.

As far as your opinion. Its 100% correct. On the ST, my line was more to the center. On the Nighthawk, I pushed it farther into the Apex where I got in the gravel.

I was justing seeing if I could cause controversy over the CT.
Just like there will be no dressing you down, there will be no bsing a bser and of course you were out in the marbles on the Hawk where it gets dicey.

:Devil3:

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Oh yeah :worthless_without_p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Oh I bet Dar was proud.

2nd picture :( I am surprised that the fairing didn't get busted up. Good material for sure.
Jacket cleaned up easily and the fairing is at the shop now, waiting for the paint. Must have been good material, not a scratch otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
28,011 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
On another not Ref, I just now for kicks went to Google and typed in GWOF. Look what came up, 2nd from the top.
That was my first experience with this bunch. Wow!!! What a ride!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts