Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm back...been busy doing what is in the attached video...Yes...I did an advanced/advanced riders class designed for motor officer/police training...like the one in the attatched video....IT WAS GREAT....

I did a lot of the same things you see in the video with slight variations to the layout...and I did it on a GW GL1800...un like the video that used a HD with a smaller wheel base.....

Yes...I wrapped my bike in pipe insulation...bubble wrap....Yes...I did lay the bike down twice...(not a scratch on it :D ...Whooo...little nervous doing it on a two month old bike)....damm couldn't Honda make these bikes easier to pick up (lighter)...and we had to do it without help...:p

:( 1st lay down was in the lolly-pop 18 foot skill...weave down the stick of the lolly-pop (cones 13 feet apart) and then go into a totally locked handle bar turn clockwise in a 18 ft diameter circle.

:( 2nd lay down was bring your bike to an almost stop going 50 mph and then do a sudden 90 degree right turn, then a sudden 90 degree left turn and then a 180 degree u-turn in a square of 18 feet...lost it on the u-turn....

However...as you will see in the video the figure eight...I was able to do the three bike figure 8 with two other bikers in the figure 8 configuration where all three of us were in the figure eight at the same time...whos diameter was 22 feet...:eek: remember besides keeping focus on the figure eight you had to watch the other guy so that you did not collide in the center....

It was the best course I have ever taken...I can now turn on a dime doing 3 mph and not lose control of my bike.....no problem making u-turn here....

Safe Ride...

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Congrats to you.... I could try for years and not be able to do some of those turns..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats...
I need to look into this type of course...
Looks like a lot of fun :)
Any over on the East Coast?

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Wow!

and more Wow!

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Very good. I just took the ARC from GWRRA this weekend. The only place I couldn't quite make the turn was on the decreasing radius turn to the right. I just couldn't keep it inside the circle. Need more practice. We didn't do the figure 8, but our chapter does parking lot practices 5 or 6 times a year and we work on that. A few of our group can do that together. I'm not one of those brave ones. Practicing those slow turns helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts