Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone gave me their phone # for PPG crossover for the GW colors. I lost the #. If anyone knows who this is please let me know. I have an '08 GW with color #R325-M.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I have a phone number to " Due to our longstanding partnership as the paint and coatings supplier for the Motorcycle Division of American Honda Motor Company, we manufacture and sell Honda’s approved motorcycle paint in smaller quantities for aftermarket applications ". Still waiting..........

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O.K., O.K. didn't think anyone noticed or cared. Thanks. Been busy getting my new '08 all suited up with the trinkets I had on my 1500. I see you have a new beaut!!! woohoo
Had the bike in shop after I dropped her in a ditch. Well, was going up a friends drive, turned in and my peg caught his curb and it pulled me right on over the curb. Of course I put my foot down to stop it and no ground!!! Had to replace the right fairing and mirror. Now question for you is, my icom doesn't work. Figured they unplugged something...got any idea.
Oh, needing paint source other than Color-Rite and US Paint. Want to paint my pull behind trailer.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
O.K., O.K. didn't think anyone noticed or cared. Thanks. Been busy getting my new '08 all suited up with the trinkets I had on my 1500. I see you have a new beaut!!! woohoo
Had the bike in shop after I dropped her in a ditch. Well, was going up a friends drive, turned in and my peg caught his curb and it pulled me right on over the curb. Of course I put my foot down to stop it and no ground!!! Had to replace the right fairing and mirror. Now question for you is, my icom doesn't work. Figured they unplugged something...got any idea.
Oh, needing paint source other than Color-Rite and US Paint. Want to paint my pull behind trailer.
I'm as worthless now as I was then with " technical " questions unless I have suffered the problem in question and had it personally resolved. Some things may never change, but we can hope. Well you just took the wind out of my sail here in needing a paint source " other " than US Paint. Guess what number I was going to give you ????? I was just thinking about you yesterday and was searching the " other " forum for any Petal, MS members. Welcome back. Bruised and battered it doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you don't have another source. Surely someone has crossed GW paint with something else. I found my contact with PPG but he said that he has more luck with the older paints. He is going to contact the engineer at PPG to see if they have a formula for my '08 code.
Also, when I got my '08 and was asking questions on this site I was told I might want to check out the 1800 site so I have been asking over there. I still come back here to read what you guys are saying. I enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Someone from the gl1800 site referred me to US Paint awhile back. Look who's calling the kettle black !

·
Registered
1 Posts
82 Paint matching

:smile2:I am looking to match the paint on my 82 Goldwing. Local shops tell me I can't since Honda used a tint in the clear coat and a 3 step paint process. To get a Collector Plate I must use a "period correct paint" or the bike will not qualify for the plate. I only need a small amount to repainted the Honda hard bags and a few chips on the front fender. Any suggestions are appreciated.:smile2:

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Rohny's correct in that. You have the paint code and it can be matched on their listings. Professional painters also have the equipment and technology to mix paints that are as close to perfect as it comes, but it'll cost plenty as you would have to likely do the entire bike due to the passage of time and fading. You'll have colour discrepancies if you only 'spot' paint the damaged areas for the same reason.
Good luck though and welcome to the site!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts