Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Gerbing heated vest, variable controller and cord. I am getting ready for my big ride and I wanted to make sure I had some heat source should it become cold in the higher elevations. So my question to my fellow Wing Commanders is what power outlets have you all used. I need to be able to get it quickly.... I was thinking atleast two units.. thanks Lee

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Lee PM Sent

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I have install two 12v power outlets: One in the left front pocket and one in the trunk. For the heated gear riders, I have mostly seen the female hook up side connected directly to the battery or accessory fuse block and issuing from a variety of places near the lower portion of the seat.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
the connectors for my synergy electric gear are powered directly from the battery

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Gerbing comes with a fused wire harness that hooks to the battery.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
If I'm not mistaken Gerbing comes with a fused wire harness that hooks to the battery.
i don't think that heated gear regardless to manufacture is made to be powered through a power outlet or the accessory circuit

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
i don't think that heated gear regardless to manufacture is made to be powered through a power outlet or the accessory circuit
I had mine through a BMW plug & accessory fuse block. Worked great.

·
Administrator
29,026 Posts
Lee info emailed to you.

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Haven't used heated gear for a few years, but our Widders were hard wired direct to the battery. The female connectors peeked out from under the left side of the seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.