Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put a power outlet in a 1984 Interstate to run my GPS. I'm keen for it to be switched, so the GPS goes into shut down mode when the ignition is turned off.

I feel pretty okay about installing the actual socket, but have no idea of what to wire it into. Can anybody share their experience? Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm looking to put a power outlet in a 1984 Interstate to run my GPS. I'm keen for it to be switched, so the GPS goes into shut down mode when the ignition is turned off.

I feel pretty okay about installing the actual socket, but have no idea of what to wire it into. Can anybody share their experience? Thanks!
Use a relay and wire to the battery. Energize the relay with the radio fuse. Make sure to fuse the hot wire from the battery to the relay.

·
Registered
137 Posts
power outlet

you might try asking the guys at TOTALLY WINGS about the out let--they installed three on my bike that I can operate either way with just the flip of a switch ( I wanted to be able to charge my cel while I was away from the bike so one of the outlets is in the trunk) they did a great job. their number if 562-861-4268 they are in california.

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
i wanted my power outlet to be on all the time ( i only have one on each wing ) so it's hooked with a fuse directly to the battery

1 - 4 of 4 Posts