Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I justed picked up a spare rear wheel for $50 at a local dealer, mine had been painted silver when I bought it due to pitting. I was thinking of powder coating it before I buy a c/t to put on it.

Anybody tried this?

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Seems to me I remember one of our members powder coating a wheel. I'll have to think about that for a bit.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
The local dealer I go to has a shop that does them and they say that they reduce the maintenance of the wheels to near zero (something like just spraying the brake dust off with water.) YMMV.

I went chrome, so I use a Magic Eraser on them and it cuts the brake dust like a hot knife through butter. Fifteen minutes max on each wheel and I never fail to get compliments on how they look.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Lots of guys powder coat their wheels on the RC51 site. Looks real snazzy too.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was actually thinking about doing color on the rough parts of the wheel and then clear the entire thing. I will have to check with a local shop to see if they can come close to Honda Blue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know that this is an old post but I just came across it and am now considering powder coating the wheels on my '08. Like everyone else I hate cleaning wheels. They look great right after but shortly return to looking ratty (especially since I ride year round in the northeast and deal with salt) so anything I can do to make that chore easier works for me. I guess I am looking for an opinion from anyone who has tried the process. I know they look nice out of the shop but do they wear well? Do they chip or crack? Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I haven't got around to PC the wheel yet so i can't give any feed back. Hopefully in the next few months before I mount a CT on the new wheel I can get it done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.