Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got me a drivers backrest,complete with leather snap on pouch. ok, me and the wife rode to our neighborhood walmart the other day,about 25 miles, went in for 20 minutes and came back out to find that someone in need of a leather pouch took mine. lesson learned - if it aint bolted on or locked up,take it off.

anyone know of a good place to get a replacement?or maybe i should check walmart parking lots.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
That's to bad, are you sure it was snapped on good? What kind of backrest is it. Some backrests have snaps that hold them on and other (utopia) have a piece of velcro across the top.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a markland. pretty tight snaps on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you find a source, I too would be interested in finding an entire replacement backrest pad with or without pouch. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,769 Posts
Damn. I leave my helmet on my seat and the thought always crossed my mind that if some SOB took it, I'd be stuck in a helmet law state. The worst part of getting ripped off is the trust that was stolen. That you can never replace at any price.

·
Super Moderator
9,847 Posts
That stinks, I bet they didn't need it. Just wanted to steal it for no reason other than to just take something that does not belong to you..... Sorry to say, welcome to the 21st century..

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
That's sad. I also worry about leaving the helmet on the seat and the tank bag on the Yamaha. Hope you can find a replacement.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I leave my helmet on the left mirror and the wife usually leaves hers on her left swing out arm rest. I would really hate to see someone helping themselves to them. I could develop a bad attitude..:eek:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Damn. I leave my helmet on my seat and the thought always crossed my mind that if some SOB took it, I'd be stuck in a helmet law state. The worst part of getting ripped off is the trust that was stolen. That you can never replace at any price.
Hi, thats exactly why my wife and I bought a locking cable that goes through the helmet chin bars and around the grab handles, too d*** expensive to not lock them up!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info,Joe, i ordered me a new one. it will go in the trunk whenever we go inside somewhere

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was on the way to the lake with our jet ski. We stopped at Wal Mart for some two stroke oil. While we were inside, some jerk stole the two drain plugs from the ski. It's a good thing I noticed it before we got to the lake! Talk about pi$$ed.
Like someone said, if it ain't bolted down, lock it up!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was on the way to the lake with our jet ski. We stopped at Wal Mart for some two stroke oil. While we were inside, some jerk stole the two drain plugs from the ski. It's a good thing I noticed it before we got to the lake! Talk about pi$$ed.
Like someone said, if it ain't bolted down, lock it up!
Makes you wonder, did they steal the plugs because they needed them or because they hoped you would sink the jet ski? Nowt so strange as folk!! Glad you spotted the problem before getting to the lake.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Boys you are just going to have to move to good old Cape Breton. WE not only leave our helmets on the bike but leave the keys in the ignition. I shouldn't be saying this because for sure the next time I do it the bike will be gone.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Boys you are just going to have to move to good old Cape Breton. WE not only leave our helmets on the bike but leave the keys in the ignition. I shouldn't be saying this because for sure the next time I do it the bike will be gone.
I guess there has to be an upside to living in those cold winters!! :)

Gary

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Thrasberg - We winter in Florida and this year we frooze. There were days it was warmer in Nova Scotia than in Florida but we know this is not the norm.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Speaking of helmet holders, I just bought the 6mm helmet holder studs from wingstuff that is supposed to fit the GL1800. However, the shaft is too big to go through the bracket. Am I supposed to use it without the bracket, or is there an inside piece that needs to be removed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I always operate under a much higher security protocol when at WalMart....

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Sorry to hear it and it's a reminder to me not to be too trusting. I agree, probably some kid who tho't it was funny, then tossed it 10 minutes later.

On the other hand, at no cost to you:
Chop has psychoanalyzed why this hurts and
Joe (as ususal) has found you a replacement with location and cost.

Seriously, I do hate it happened but thanks for posting to keep us on our toes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts