Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post so hello and thanks to everyone here.

I've been riding for probably fifteen years now and lately I've found myself checking out 'Wings for the very same reason that everyone here bought one.

Today I found a great deal on an '07 model with less than a thousand miles. The owner was kind enough to let me take it on an extended test ride. I have to say that it was the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden except for one thing: the windscreen . I rode with it all the way up and all the way down and I constantly felt like I had a passenger pushing me forward and banging on my helmet at the same time. This extremely annoying turbulence ruined an otherwise enjoyable ride.

Is there a fix for this and so what does it entail? I really enjoyed the motorcycle but having my head batted around constantly might be a deal breaker.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
First, welcome to the forum. I'm 5'9" and don't have that same problem with my 09 Wing. There are a number of after market windscreens available that may fit your need.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF scottieboy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Windshield buffeting

I jIst purchased a 1999 GL1500 SE with a Vegas windshield. I love it. I have ridden it in the rain and the rain seems to slide off it real good. It has a vent in it also. The only concern I have is what am I going to do if it fogs up all at once. Other than that I am well pleased with it.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
First off, how tall are you and how was the winshield height set? I find my 1800 has more buffeting if it is set higher; I have it on the second lowest setting now and I'm 5'11". The Vegas is a good choice but there are other shields out there including Kuryakin which are supposed to reduce buffeting. If there was one thing I would like it would be an electric height control like my ST had, the Vision has, the BMW, The Concours...Shame to have the greatest tourer in the world and it soesn't come with that convenience:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 6'4" and I rode with the screen all the way up and all the way down. I experienced less buffeting with the screen all the way down but not enough to make the ride enjoyable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How difficult is it to replace the stock windshield? I noticed that it goes in between the dash and the front fairing.

·
Registered
690 Posts
... Scottie ... One Thing You Want To Buy Is A "honda" Service/repair Manual ... Cost Around $55. The Honda Book Will Save You Time And Money Over The Others ... I Just Took My Front End Apart To Make Some Mods. ... Just On The Remove/replace Part Was About 30 Mins. And That Was My First Time ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Scottie, there is a product out there, Kuryakyn, I believe, that mounts on your trunk just behind the passenger backrest that is supposed to help. I don't know what it would look like on the bike but it might be worth a try. I'm 6'1' and use the stock screen set high. I know what you're talking about but it doesn't seem to be a bother to me. Good Luck !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts