Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and gals!

I'm a potential new GW owner but have a few questions on pricing. I recently sold my VTX and looking to go forward and getting the beast to take a ride with my dad. Anyway, I have a local dealer that has provided a pretty decent price on a 2010 GW, with the Navi/XM option (package 2). Out the door price is $20,599 with an extra year of warranty plus the 1k worth of Honda accessories. I was set on the Metallic Red but he didn't have one and couldn't get one ordered. The dealers that have them won't swap either. Black is out of the question.....I looked at the Titanium and eh....it was okay. My dad has the Pearl Yellow (2005 model) and that is what I opted for - the bike should be here by the end of next week if all goes well. Just wanting some GW owners to chime in and see if this is a good deal.

BTW, I am in the Savannah, GA area....any GW owenrs close?

If I get the bike, I'll have many more questions, so be ready! :D

Thanks for any input!

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I am not one to be noisy, but...... your Avatar picture is the same as a former member " marcsvette " who's absence has been duly noted by me. Coincidence or conspiracy ? marcsvette was from Guy, AR. His last known whereabouts was a trip to my country up here in Washington , D.C. area.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha! I might have "appropriated" it from him - I pulled it from somewhere.......

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Ha! I might have "appropriated" it from him - I pulled it from somewhere.......
It's too spooky.marcsvette was a regular here since last year and you show up with his avatar. I put out an APB with no response and you show up. I'm not skeptical, just concerned.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's too spooky.marcsvette was a regular here since last year and you show up with his avatar. I put out an APB with no response and you show up. I'm not skeptical, just concerned.
Spooky as it may be, we are not the same person.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Spooky as it may be, we are not the same person.

Sorry for any apparent affront. The coincidence was too remarkable to dismiss. It's the internet , and people come and go at leisure. We are kind of a tight community here so we notice subtle things. It's all for the good . When someone disappears, his absence is noted.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Maybe ibcop can help find him if he is indeed in law enforcement!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your soon to be new Wing. As far as the price, it seems like a decent one. I paid $17,900 for my 09 base model. I know the 2010's went up about $700 and with the added Nav you are probably in the ballpark. I assume the extra year of warranty is only good at that dealership. Honda only honors their extended warranty which I believe is for 4 years. Good luck and ride safe..

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Since you have asked for opinions:
2010 GW, with the Navi/XM option (package 2). Out the door price is $20,599
Not a bad OTD price. However, you are paying approx. $2,000+ extra for
1. A very poor, not user friendly Nav system.
2. A heated seat that also leaves a lot to be desired!
These items can be added through aftermarket sources that are much better products than these high cost OEM items.

with an extra year of warranty plus the 1k worth of Honda accessories.
These perks are Honda incentives and are available at any Honda dealer.

I was set on the Metallic Red but he didn't have one and couldn't get one ordered. The dealers that have them won't swap either. Black is out of the question.....I looked at the Titanium and eh....it was okay. My dad has the Pearl Yellow (2005 model) and that is what I opted for - the bike should be here by the end of next week if all goes well. Just wanting some GW owners to chime in and see if this is a good deal.
This dealer gets his bikes the same as all other dealers-from a warehouse.
1.Why does he say he can't get the red you want?
2.Why is it going to take a week for the yellow to "be here"?
3. Is he just trying to deplete his on hand stock and doesn't want to really satisfy the customer by getting the color you really want?

BTW, I am in the Savannah, GA area....any GW owners close?
Check www.1800riders.com Go to the Georgia State forum.
If I get the bike, I'll have many more questions, so be ready! :D

Thanks for any input!
''''

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome from Canada ibcop. If it works the same as up here, Honda Plus is available in packages of one to three years. If it's for real, ask for the warranty registration papers for the Plus contract. If there are no papers, it's a "your dealership only" coverage. fine if you never go anywhere else, but other shops don't have to honor it. Chopin, I think Mark's vette posted something just a bit ago after he went silent during his trip. Also, I'm pretty sure one of our current members is from Savanah, just forget who:rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
hello from seattle

We don't want any impersonators or paranoids around here!

Welcome to the board.

I ride a 94..... I have no info on value.

I am not one to be noisy, but...... your Avatar picture is the same as a former member " marcsvette " who's absence has been duly noted by me. Coincidence or conspiracy ? marcsvette was from Guy, GA. His last known whereabouts was a trip to my country up here in Washington , D.C. area. You have some explaining to do before we answer your questions.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
We don't want any impersonators or paranoids around here!

Welcome to the board.

I ride a 94..... I have no info on value.
I got a bit carried away to say the least." marcsvette " hailed from Guy Arkansas. I found his photo album: http://www.goldwingowners.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2787 It's still there . As far as Avatars are concerned , they are not propriety and if ibcop wants to use his original he is entitled to it. marcsvette doesn't seem to be using it anymore. Use it or loose it .

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Chopin114,

You have been rock solid since I met you online.
You slippin'? Thinking maybe you are starting to see things.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
"keeping the humor"

I caught that! Thanks for keeping the humor in this.
I don't know that this needed any help :D It's been pretty funny just watching from the sidelines.

ibcop, welcome to the GWOF. I apologize for hijacking this thread. I was busy hijacking an avatar.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Since you have asked for opinions:

''''
1. I opted for the Nav/XM package because that's what I wanted. If it's poor, then it's poor.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the heated seat/grips in the "comfort package" and standard on all newer models?

3. I know the bikes are in a warehouse.....the warehouse for our area is in Jacksonville, FL. They don't have any Metallic Red GW, in any configuration. Hence the reason he couldn't get one.

4. The bike will take less than a week to get here - it will be a week (since I originally posted) for me to get a day off to get it. Since today is a holiday (for some of us) the bike won't ship until tomorrow.

5. The dealer has been in business for almost 50 years, so I highly doubt he's trying to deplete his current stock of the one GoldWing he has.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome to the site from the good old Tar Heel state :) price sounds bout right to me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts