Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at GW. I want a 1800 with abs. Looking at the 2010s kbb. Im looking to spend 18k. Not too far off kbb.

1. Am I on crack :) ....
2. I would like feedback on the "bad stuff" about the bike. I am familiar with all the good stuff said about the GW.

I am currently on a vtx 1800. That bike has been excellent to me. But often do 4/5 hundred mile days. Want comfort, room and reliability.

Thanks for the input.

·
Super Moderator
9,849 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. If you update your location and we'll know where you call home.. As far as I know there is not much "bad stuff" about the 2010 Wing. I have a 2009 base model and have had no problems to date..

Good luck on your search and ride safe..

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Maryland , i have a 2010 1800 , i see nothing wrong with except i cant ride it enough

·
Registered
741 Posts
Here's what's wrong with a 2010 (and other GL models), err, depending on your point of view:

1. You will wonder why it took you so long to get a Goldwing
2. You will enjoy many comfortable hours riding instead of working on the honey-do list
3. You will unwittingly spend hard earned dollars pampering your ride
4. You will find other bikes sitting unused in the garage
5. You will be in trouble when you mistakenly refer lovingly to your BBW
6. You will spend countless hours on Goldwing related sites
etc...

Seriously, the GL line has been online for over a decade. It is a proven platform and you should have complete peace of mind on your purchase.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
I had a 1300VTX in 06. In 09 I bought an 08 Goldwing. A 400 mile day doesn't intimidate me now.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
What they said.:D

Good luck on the search & welcome to the GWOF

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF from Alabama!!! Good Luck

·
Premium Member
11,004 Posts
Good luck with finding your GW. Being in the land Down Under I can't help with your Questions. Welcome to GWOF. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
hello sumncguy, welcome to GWOF

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to the site. Down side to the GL (?) my pet peave is no electric windscreen. Gobs of comfort, smooth power and bullet-proof reliability, but you knew that. Some folks don't like the stock windscreen (me) and opt for a Tulsa, V-Stream, F4 or Windbender. Definitely need highway pegs/boards and backrests(driver) are popular add-ons.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome from Massachusetts Ride safe. Buy a wing, Than you will see what cruising is all about..Good luck

·
Super Moderator
7,665 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You'll find the perfect Wing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm still looking.

I check kbb value for a 2010 with abs .... kBB reports retail should be ~ $19900. I do find them out there for that but not equipped with abs.
Many offer the standard model for that.

Also ... for those in the NC/TN/VA area. Is there a particular dealer that moves Wings at decent prices. For instance, when I bought my VTX, I drove out to Southern Honda. The bike was new but a model year two years old. Got it for 1/2 the price

1 - 15 of 15 Posts