Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're thinking of setting up a new section/sub-forum to deal with do it yourself projects and tech installs and such. Might mean posting privileges might be somewhat restricted or prior approval required before putting up the threads (just to keep the information credible) as we're dealing with possibly very technical details. Let us know what you think and we'll make it happen.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe limit the hijacks.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
the harder you make it to post a " how to " the fewer the number of members that will post them. " how to's " should be posted as a sticky and locked. we or whom ever can unlock the post if need be

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Atta boy Doc, always thinking;) great idea.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
I know of several members that have asked for this type of subforum.

Guess we just have to figure the best plan of attack to make it happen.

Let's see if people respond.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
That sounds entirely reasonable.

And I hope this is not a hi-jacking because it is on a similar note. We've had an influx of trike riders joining lately and that will likely continue. What about a sub forum for questions related specifically to trike issues. I can still post in the correct link for rides, engine work, etc. But if I need help with a trike problem, I won't weight down those members who aren't interested.

Worth it?

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Might mean posting privileges might be somewhat restricted or prior approval required before putting up the threads (just to keep the information credible) as we're dealing with possibly very technical details.

I dont like it. I belong to other firums where there are areas where not everyone can post, and it makes alot of members feel like they are not welcome. Just my 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
24,117 Posts
the harder you make it to post a " how to " the fewer the number of members that will post them. " how to's " should be posted as a sticky and locked. we or whom ever can unlock the post if need be
I don't like the " locked " idea. Questions or further explanations may be required.

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
can a post in the tech subforum automaticly lock once the person posting it submits the new thread

G

·
Might mean posting privileges might be somewhat restricted or prior approval required before putting up the threads (just to keep the information credible) as we're dealing with possibly very technical details.

I dont like it. I belong to other firums where there are areas where not everyone can post, and it makes alot of members feel like they are not welcome. Just my 2 cents.
Add up my two cents. I would feel like a second class citizen.Is like we all ride together and some people form their own cliques and no others are allowed.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Add up my two cents. I would feel like a second class citizen.Is like we all ride together and some people form their own cliques and no others are allowed.
If I put in my 2 cents about Tech.....They would quickly LOCK me out. I leave the tech talk to those capable.

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
I don't believe they wouldn't allow anyone to post, but it would be validated first. I have seen some of the helpful threads eroded by poor information.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
Wow Giz. Who do you ride with that does that? You need to find some new riding partners. I've never had that isssue.

·
Administrator
28,997 Posts
I don't believe they wouldn't allow anyone to post, but it would be validated first. I have seen some of the helpful threads eroded by poor information.
Tank you bring up a good point. I have seen that on our site, where someone will post some info & another person will be quick to jump on them telling them something like "No way, you're wrong & I don't believe it."

You guys are talking about being discouraged from posting if it's locked or if it's passworded & feeling not part of the forum. Having people doing those things to a guys thread that he thinks he is being helpful with is a surefire way to have issues.

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
If I put in my 2 cents about Tech.....They would quickly LOCK me out. I leave the tech talk to those capable.
Amen Ref..My tech stuff gets answered by the mechanic when my bike is on the rack. I am capable of breaking a hammer :eek: I would however read just to see.

·
Premium Member
24,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds like a good idea. Maybe limit the hijacks.
Hijack posts WOULD be deleted without hesitation.

Restricted was a poor description on my part, bad choice of words sorry

can a post in the tech subforum automaticly lock once the person posting it submits the new thread
No, only the moderators and admins could lock the thread, same as now. As mentioned, there could be valuable added comments coming.

Exactly, that's what we're wanting to get going. without going into details we just want to insure that the posts are solid tried and true procedures, and not some "I think this would work" longshot. Don't want some 3:00 am beered up nonsense

1 - 20 of 20 Posts