Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I just registered because I need some advice from 1800 owners.
I have a chance to purchase a 2010 Wing with under 300 miles on it for 17000.
Can anyone tell me if they know of someplace that caters to people with excellent credit that have reasonable rates for used Wings? The best rate I found so far is 4.9%.
Also, who has the best insurance for Wings for someone with a no accidents or tickets? Progessive wants 397.00/yr full coverage.
Thanks in advance for any help given.
Mark

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

I can't help you with the loan, but I have State Farm for my insurance and pay about half of what Progressive wants.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
I can't help either on the loan, but I recently switched from Foremost to Allstate for motorcycle insurance. I cut my payments for three bikes (one is son's in college) to less than I was paying for my two. Check out multiple companies to see how they do.

The 2010 bike is great. I got mine in November 2009 and have 35,700 on it today an just put on my third set of tires. Red is the best color imho.

·
Super Moderator
15,160 Posts
hello mark, welcome to GWOF. the loan would probally depend on the places in your location that issue loans

·
Registered
306 Posts
4.9 % isn't bad for a motorcycle, I put mine on my CC for 2%, the bank wanted 10%. Try Markel for insurance mine was around $350 in the burb's and $400 in the city.

·
Registered
718 Posts
That insurance rate doesn't seem too bad, but I don't know what area of the country you are in. I been with Progressive for over 25 yr. First year is always expensive. I've got my 93 Goldwing, 83 Venture and my son's 02 Bandit on my policy at only 50/100 coverage with a 5 month lay-up for about $550. That's full coverage on all three. When I put my son on my policy 10 yr ago, my $310 for the two bikes went to $775 adding liability on a 250 Ninja. I wanted o bring that price down, so I was going to drop the Venture coverage and my payment would go up $200. Multi bike discount!
So for a brand new wing valued at $17k, it depends what your coverage is. 50/100, 100/300 or higher. A 2010 has more value than all three of the bikes I have covered.
Generally each step up in coverage (50/100 to 100/300) would be roughly $10 a month, well for autos that I've been told. Tried the insurance sales gig a few years back and one line was Foremost. I couldn't even come close on price even with GWRRA and employee discounts. My quote was over $1500 a yr at 100/300 level.

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Been with Progressive since late 90's. Premium is $201 per year for $0 deductable on comp and collision.

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Actually the 4.9% isn't that bad. The best rate I would imagine would be a personal line of credit (usually at prime or just above at least here in Canada). Insurance seems reasonable too. I pay $600/yr up here for full coverage on my '09 with 250 deductible on comp and collision.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Progressive is high, I have my house, cars and M/C's all with Allstate and pay about 100.00 per year for the M/C's.

I should add that I do NOT have full coverage on the bikes.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If that deal falls through I seen a 2008 loaded for 17k and change today here in SC. It is red and has 6,600 miles, it had the Kury back rest,passenger arm rest, ABS with heat. VERY NICE. I have the # if anyone is interested.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.