Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From my last ride report you all learnt that my mate Colin is back on his Goldwing after back surgery. We are building up his motorcycle fitness so this ride is to extend him a bit more.

There are a few things that we are trying to cover in this ride.
1. No dirt roads.
2. No rough surface's (to protect Colin's back)
3. Not many twisties.
4. It has to be in the north to get the warmer weather.

So armed with my good road knowledge I planned a ride that was 300 miles long and north of Adelaide. Colin lives in Adelaide and I am in Port Mannum about an 1.5 hrs ride from Mannum. So I arranged to meet him in Roseworthy just over an hours ride from Port Mannum and just under an hour for Colin.

Colin was waiting for me at Roseworthy and we rode through to Balaklava for our first coffee stop. Now you guy know that there are no people in Balaklava to take a photo of and we stopped here on our last ride. I know that it is only a 25 minute ride to Blyth but coffee can do things to an older man and a stop was in order. Just a quick stop.

Now I do have some photos at Blyth and no the people were not going to come out on a Sunday morning for a photo opportunity. BUT I did get a local driving past. Does that count?
IMG_1218.JPG
IMG_1219.JPG

·
Premium Member
11,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So far I have only failed on number 2.

Back on the bike's and we ride through Brinkworth to Red Hill. At Red Hill we go south on the main hwy. to an old railway bag siding called Collingsfield. There is not even a house here. We hang a right here and ride through Mundoora to Port Broughton. It is lunch time and we have home made soup to heat up and coffee just like we have at home.
Now if you look real carefully you can see some locals. :whistle: :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG

·
Super Moderator
14,922 Posts
Two locals in a truck! More at a table! I'm not completely sure you are in Australia.

Reactions: Eric and NREMTP

·
Super Moderator
9,812 Posts
Thanks for the pics Eric. I'm amazed at the lack of folks. I know there has to be people who live in those beautiful places. Ride safe.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Eric. I am glad that you and Colin were able to get out and about for a bit.

·
Super Moderator
28,742 Posts
Mate thanks for the tag along and that 1st pic of your two Wings is stellar

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
a couple of sharp looking 1500s

Reactions: GaleRich

·
Premium Member
11,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had 300 kms on my tank, so I topped up at Port Broughton. $26 later for 18.8 ltrs we were back on the road through Bute to Snowtown. A short stop at Snowtown to get some photos of their murals on the water tank.
IMG_1222.JPG
IMG_1223.JPG
IMG_1224.JPG

·
Premium Member
11,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Leaving Snowtown to Blyth which is all grain growing farms. Then when we went through to Auburn. There is a nice lot of twisties going into Auburn where you start going through the vineyards. The next rest stop was at Rhynie in the rest area. Time to make another coffee. The last photo explains the murals and if you look carefully you will see some locals in the first photo :ROFLMAO: or atleast the car they are travelling in.
IMG_1225.JPG
IMG_1226.JPG
IMG_1227.JPG
IMG_1228.JPG

·
Super Moderator
14,922 Posts
Sure, people in the car..........likely story, but more what I expect.

Thanks for taking us along Mate. It's good to see you out and about.

Who were Burke and Wills, and what happened to them?

Reactions: Two Wheel Wing

·
Premium Member
11,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure, people in the car..........likely story, but more what I expect.

Thanks for taking us along Mate. It's good to see you out and about.

Who were Burke and Wills, and what happened to them?
Us Aussie can be a bit funny as far a who we remember. For someone that can't find food with it hopping all around them and other foods like the fish. Then they starve to death. Why not remember them?:unsure:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts