Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post. I’ve moved to a new home here in Little Rock recently. Brought my 2018 GL home yesterday. The driveway is short and steep, I stopped about half way up before the garage. When I attempted to get the bike going again, I slipped the clutch and heard a fairly loud popping from the left side of the engine.
I have gotten the maneuver down now and can guide the bike into the garage. It’s a matter of timing and momentum.
I hope I didn’t damage the clutch or transmission. Bike ran and worked fine today. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
582 Posts
So it’s a 6spd manual? It will have a slipper clutch in it. But you wouldn’t think it would do that on acceleration. Tell your dealer about it, and make them document in your file of your notifying them of this, in case it becomes a warranty issue down the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it’s a 6spd manual? It will have a slipper clutch in it. But you wouldn’t think it would do that on acceleration. Tell your dealer about it, and make them document in your file of your notifying them of this, in case it becomes a warranty issue down the road.
Yes, it’s a six speed manual. I will call my dealer and report this. Thanks for the suggestion. I know the excellent mechanic at John’s Honda, Hot Springs. He might have some information about this. I thought it might have something to do with the hill start assist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts