Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,the stator in the ole 84 GL1200 is shot!!I just ordered the poorboy kit from Don Pigott,and i gotta tell ya,for no more than i got,it seems awfully steep for $230.00! And to add to that,i was sent NO instructions on how to put this thing on either.Ive tried emailing the guy 3 times,and still have not gotten an answer.So if anybody up here has the instructions,or a link to the instructions,on how to install this kit,could you please post them up for me?
Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
bobbybob74, Send a private message to one of our members "djoyner". He's a good guy & he just did one on his bike, maybe he can help you out. Also if you search the site for poorboy I think there will be thread that come up that may help. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alternator conversion

If you haven't completed your conversion yet, message me, as I just finished up my conversion.
And Don is a good guy. I emailed him 3 or 4 times and always got a prompt, informative reply back.
Also, as for the cost of the kit, take the pulley to a machine shop and ask them what it would cost to machine one out.
It'll be in the 150.00 area to have the pulley made.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
check over on www.gl1200goldwings.com. there are several threads on doing the install. don is usually on the board too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello:
Been riding 1100 wings for about 20 years now...bought a 1200 2 years ago and last year october replaced the stator while on a job in MN. Not a tough job, just a lot of work. Stator went out again last week. Unbelievable but not out of the ordinary.
Will recieve Don's Poor boy kit early this week and would appreciate any instructions, photos you may have.
I am currently working in the LA area (a am a med device manufacturing consultant) so I will not be performing this job in my own garage.
I have pulled some info from a couple of sites but several wont let me download all the pictures. Hence, my request to you. Even without pics, additional instructions never hurt. The conversion looks pretty simple, but then again, I am not in my garage.
I ride an 84 1200 that only has 73k. I've put over 250k on my last 1100. These are really great bikes that still have that bike look to em. Love the new ones, but not enough to give up on the oldies.
I appreciate your help and look forward to your reply.
Thanks
Karl Ochoa

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Ian, first of all, welcome to the forum.

Send an email to;

[email protected].

He is the one that builds the kits.

AND YOU'RE VERY WELCOME FOR THE INFORMATION!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,784 Posts
Yes, it will.

Not that you will ever do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.