Honda Goldwing Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
2021 dct tour
133 Posts
I was the kid that put the playing cArds in his spokes with my mom's clothes pins so my bicycle would make lots of noise as I was coming down the road not much has changed really ..this is a gold wing forum so this is a loaded question ,here of course people are gonna like things a little quiet for the most part but I also like muscle cars and the nastier they sound and the more noise they make Give it to me ...my goldwing I like how it purrs

·
Registered
30 Posts
I admit that I like the sound of a good exhaust, bike or cage, but to sound good does not mean loud.

I currently have a Honda Phantom that I drilled a 9/16” hole in the baffle plug. It got just a touch louder but the tone was so much better. I did not notice any difference in performance or fuel mileage. So apparently the engine was not affected negatively. Until I put the windshield on the bike the wind was still louder.

I have tinnitus, too many concerts, gunfire, and loud work environments, so I have a real distaste for loud noises. The next bike will most likely be a GW,,,looking forward to the quiet and less vibration.

While we’re talking about bikes and noise I will throw in the riders that feel the need to have their stereo’s so loud they can be heard a mile away, to me it is the same as the loud pipes!!! Overly loud stereo’s from cages are unwelcome as well, I don’t discriminate.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 dct tOUR
7 Posts
I guess I’m the oddball here. Traded my 13 F6B in June for a 21 tour. The 6B had torqueloops and tourquemasters on it and when hitting it , it sounded like a Porsche , awesome sound but totally quiet at speed. Only barked when you twist the grip. Soooooo, on the 21 I replaced stock with flow through mufflers from 2 guys racing. They fit in the original muffler covers so stock look which I like. It bumped the sound 20%ish , again in the throttle only but no difference at speed. So best of both worlds.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts