Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a 2018 Slingshot.
Has anyone had experience with these? Good, bad or ugly . . . doesn't matter.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
I don't really have much experience with the Slingshot, although I did a demo in one at Sturgis. The thing is fun as heck, but with side by side seating. a steering wheel, foot clutch and stick shift it's no motorcycle. It is much more a weird little sports car with no rain protection that you can license as a motorcycle. Not a motorcycle, Fun yes but not a motorcycle.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love that Miata in the picture. Always wanted one, but with 2 motorcycles, 2 cars and a pickup . . . . well, I thought a Slingshot might be an interesting addition.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Sorry, I missed this until now. The Slingshot is a real hoot to drive for sure, but it's very weather dependent. Seems to me that there is some available protection out there, but I can't remember if it's aftermarket or Polaris product. Not sure about south of the border, but sales up here have slumped big time. Kind of like the Prowler and the Solstice (except they really were cars), a passing fad IMO.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Everyone I know that owns one just love them and like all reverse trikes they are sporty and handle great. I think the only downside is they are hard to get out of and the plastic body trim at the door opening tends to crack as most people use this to boost themselves out of the trike.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The closest I can come is talking to someone that owns one.....

He said " he goes through rear tires REAL fast and it can get squirrly in the rain" said he spun it out on the highway.... hydroplaned only one front tire.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I don't really have much experience with the Slingshot, although I did a demo in one at Sturgis. The thing is fun as heck, but with side by side seating. a steering wheel, foot clutch and stick shift it's no motorcycle. It is much more a weird little sports car with no rain protection that you can license as a motorcycle. Not a motorcycle, Fun yes but not a motorcycle.
Or perhaps a nice used Lexus sc430. They have come down in price and are great in any weather.

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts
More Other Rides -

Hey SUV - The Polaris Slingshot is a unique vehicle for sure. There was a 2017 trade in at a Dallas Honda dealership on display that looked nice - but didn't ask for a test ride. For their asking price there are lots of other options.

My hobby leans more toward "Dead In The Water" projects in need of rescue. Here are a couple of options nursed back to life that keeps the wife out of the rain - during recent trips along the Natchez Trace and Blue Ridge Parkway.

Michael

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
As most know I got off 2 wheels last year and bought this Corvette. I seriously looked at the reverse trike kit for my 2009 Wing and just decided to go the 4 wheel route. I do miss the Wing but I've had lots of fun with the Vette.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Charlie, I've been meaning to ask if it's a C5?
Guess I can answer my own question, obviously its a C6...

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
Charlie, I've been meaning to ask if it's a C5?
Guess I can answer my own question, obviously its a C6...
Daryl, you were right the first time. It is a 2003, C5.

2003 was the 50th anniversary of the Corvette. The color is Electron Blue Metallic. You don't see too many coupes with that color. Of the 35k+ Corvettes built that year less than 900 coupes with that color were made.

I'll have it 2 years this September. When I bought it the mileage was 25.5K. Cindy and I are taking it to the M&G in NC this month, so it should be interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.