Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I hope it is OK to post this here.

I just wanted to let anyone who may be interested know that there is a Polar Bear Ride in Columbia, TN, every year on January1. This has been taking place for over 20 years now. It is almost always starts and ends at the Senior Citizens Center in Maury County Park. I don't know the specifics for this year (2018) yet, but last year it cost $20. 100% of the money raised goes to charity. There are door prizes and chili and sandwiches after the ride, all donated. The ride is usually 50 - 75 miles, just depending on the weather. One year there was no ride because there was snow and ice all over the roads. Sometimes it's over 60 degrees! It's always fun!

this event is put on the Knights for Christ Chapter of the Christian Motorcyclists Association.

I hope to meet you there!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK MARK.
KEN KEN KEN KEN KEN KEN KEN KEN KEN.
Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil Phil.
I found IT.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,245 Posts
Yes, it is the place to post it. Good job Pete, you going? It would be a polar bear ride for you. You many even need a set of chains for that car tire.

Have to think on this one, it would involve the best sections of the Natchez Trace to get there from here.
https://goo.gl/maps/uJPt49bJFJK2

There is a New Years Day ride that meets at a catfish house along Alabama 10 at the Tombigbee River. A GWRRA group from Mobile ride up and others from around the area ride there. I've been when there were hundreds of bikes in the parking lot to just a dozen. The dozen was when it was around 40 and raining.

There is also a last day of the year ride down in Stockton, Alabama that I have thought about making a few times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.