Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
besides the left front compartment, where else can I put a plug n' play cigarette lighter adapter for my 2005 goldwing? I would like to have one in the rear of the bike somewhere without splicing.

Thanks!

wingdinger

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
From what I've seen or heard there is no plug in place for one in the trunk. Maybe someone has installed one and can chime in with an opinion...

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
I'll check on that tomorrow. I have a local friend I'm going to see, he has an 06 with a trunk power outlet. I'm looking to do one also.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Previous owner installed one on my 1500 in the Right saddle bag.

Basically the same as this.

The leads connect directly to the battery and the lighter end of it just sits in the bag with the wires running through the same hole the Aux air hose comes through. There is a rubber boot over the lead connectors. I don't smoke so the location is fine and good for using to charge cellphone batteries, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A/C adapter in trunk box.

On my '02 I have one in the lid of my trunk box right next to the interior light (aftermarket). Perfect for cell ph. charger/ipod charger. The previous owner installed both and they work great.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Don't know about the '05 but on the '08 you can plug-and-play in the left and right front pockets and in the trunk (take the trunk lid lining loose and you will see it. Keep in mind that these are only good for 3-5 amps. Anything else and you might fry a circuit or at least a fuse. I ran the one in the trunk under the seat and straight to the battery and wired in a 15 amp fuse on the positive lead so I could use if for my air compressor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts