Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand there is a power supply wiring on the right side of the fairing, checking to see how to access it, I need to install another 12 v socket
for the go pro I have the left side powering a 2 meter talkie..
thanks
fmc

·
Registered
745 Posts
I understand there is a power supply wiring on the right side of the fairing, checking to see how to access it, I need to install another 12 v socket
thanks
fmc
It would help to know what year and model your bike is.

·
Premium Member
23,675 Posts

thanks

fmc
If there is it would be news to me. Not great and useable news, just interesting news.

Sent from my E6830 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I don't believe there is a power connector on the right of the 2005 . I know there isn't one on the 2006 and up. You could either get a y connector for the left side power connector and run it over to the right. Or run power from the ACC connector in the fuse panel.

Also are you any where near Harrisburg , Pa. ?

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Or if you're not already you can use a usb adapter for your 12v plug. The adapters come with one or two or three usb sockets. I plug my GPS and phone in the same plug.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes just like the red connector under the left pocket on the 2005 there is a red connector under the right side pocket but it is inside the black boot. Honda put it there for heated grips, which I don't have. The same acc socket for the left side will fit the right side.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought I had seen that there was, good so it is accessible thru the right storage pocket...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If I decide to get power from battery is removing the seat all that needs to be removed, and the right storage pocket...Probably will add socket
to area just below the pocket..
thanks
fmc

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
If I decide to get power from battery is removing the seat all that needs to be removed, and the right storage pocket...Probably will add socket
to area just below the pocket..
thanks
fmc
That is probable the easiest way but if you are good at fishing wires you can do it without removing the seat.

·
Registered
745 Posts
If you are going to run a wire from the battery area, I would use a relay triggered by the aux connections on the fuse box. The aux fuse is only a 5 amp. Using a relay, you connect the actual power line to the battery and use the aux power to trigger the relay. This way you are not limited to the 5 amp fuse. Just fuse the power line separately. You can also add a fuse block to the output of the relay. This will allow you to add more accessories later.
As for fishing the wire, I have a piece of 1/4 inch polyethylene tubing as the fish tape.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
As mentioned it's only 5 amps. Be certain to not load it with more than that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry I missed that. I Have a 2008 GL 1800 Airbag.
One question: Did anyone had to work on the right side wires inside the trunk to fix the trunk lock? When I use the remote control the lights are flashing but the trunk doesn't unlock or lock. I did the key fob reset but nothing change.
Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Sorry I missed that. I Have a 2008 GL 1800 Airbag.
One question: Did anyone had to work on the right side wires inside the trunk to fix the trunk lock? When I use the remote control the lights are flashing but the trunk doesn't unlock or lock. I did the key fob reset but nothing change.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Does the trunk lock manually or with the key ? Do you get the trunk open symbol in the dash when the trunk is closed and/or open ?
If you close the latches manually with the trunk open , use a tool to close the latches , does the remote unlatch / activate them ?
Sorry for so many questions just need more info .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts