Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice on which lower front fender cover to install on 1800...and does anyone make one of metal? I have had road damage on another one and don't want it to occur again.

What type of Full cover for the best buy to put on wing inside of garage? Tour master is a decent cover, any opinions?

Thanks

N1cavu

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
They sell a flannel or similar light weight material indoor storage cover the one I found in a mail order catalog is a Dowco Guardian Storeaway. There's also the Ultragard Dustgard Touring Size Cover from Gene's Gallery.
The fender extenders are probably plastic, unless Kuryakyn makes metal.

·
Registered
133 Posts
For a good deal on light covers check wingstuff.com. They have a great deal on combo half and full cover for about $70. I ride to work rain or shine and carry one all the time. The last ones lasted more than two years. If your going to store it you can but a better one with draw strings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lower fender pic's

What mfg is the first and second pic and where could I find them..I humbly thank you...GREAT PIC of YOU on YOUR machine!!!!!

God Bless and safe riding.

N1

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
What mfg is the first and second pic and where could I find them..I humbly thank you...GREAT PIC of YOU on YOUR machine!!!!!

God Bless and safe riding.

N1
That's not me on that wing. That's a Kamikaze rider. The only similarity between that picture and my bike is the color and even that is an earlier model true white. Those flaps were found on Wingstuff. com where half my income would go if I didn't have to eat. The link:http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_list/gl1800/234_goldwing_fender_accents/des/ Enter at your own risk.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
chop should have said "enter at your wallet's risk" methinks. Great place to visit, but doubt if any of us could afford to live there;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I purchased the chrome front fender piece from GoldWing Chrome. It is plastic but it does help keep road gunk off my chrome cowel piece. No problems so far. You have to drill two holes in the fender to install it but it was real easy to do. Nice touch to the fender.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Even if you did find one made of metal, I would be leary of using it! Keep in mind that anything is only as strong as it's weakest link.
That being said, I have ready many stories about people with fender extenders on the GL1800 having cracked fenders.
Seems to me if you put an even more solid extender on the fender, you are just asking for a new fender due to cracks.

I would like to see someone make one that mounts to existing holes and mounting points that put the stress on to the front suspension and not the plastic fender only.

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Even if you did find one made of metal, I would be leary of using it! Keep in mind that anything is only as strong as it's weakest link.
That being said, I have ready many stories about people with fender extenders on the GL1800 having cracked fenders.
Seems to me if you put an even more solid extender on the fender, you are just asking for a new fender due to cracks.

I would like to see someone make one that mounts to existing holes and mounting points that put the stress on to the front suspension and not the plastic fender only.
Are we to trust a guy from " Spring " Texas ?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I put on the Show Chrome long extension, it has the supports from the sides of the extension to the top fender mounting brackets. Got 1k with it on, no issues to date, really like the looks of it on the fender.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts